Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124281 - 08/03/05 07:07 PM Miracles
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I do not know if you all heard about the Air France Airliner that crashed yesterday at Pearson International Airport in Toronto Ontario.

There were 297 passengers and a crew of 12. Each and every one of the people on board survived. The plane touched down in the middle of a wind shear and skidded 200 meters off the runway and slammed into a ditch stopping just short of a couple of airport towers. It happened right beside Canada's busiest roadway (401) and people scrambled out of the ditch and were picked up by motorists. It was raining up a real storm at the time. Within 2 minutes the plane caught fire in the back section and about 2-3 minutes later the front of the aircraft exploded and so did the back section.

There were injuries to 43 people. Things like broken legs and cracked ribs and scrapes and bruises but no lives lost. Talk about a miracle. I believe that there was a passenger on board who was not on the manifest and he generally works the miracles. But he got a lot of help from the air crew and the passengers.

I think that this demonstrates that miracles do happen but that there has to be some involvment on our part.
For those of you who are scared and in pain and or are new here remember that the effort to become the man you were meant to is worth the pain. I am not a very religious man but I firmly believe that we have to but try and he will help.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#124282 - 08/03/05 07:42 PM Re: Miracles
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mikey, yes it was a miracle, and it shows how cool the crew were in making a textbook evacuation.
Wind shear is every pilots nightmare, but they have to be ready on landing and wary of wind.

It is so good to here that everyone got rescued, it is indeed a miracle.

In every tragic event God chooses who lives and who does not, he has certainly been with me on a few occasions, and I trust him,

The other event that struck my mind was the one where a Jumbo was flying over desert, and the engines filled with volcanic ash which was not supposed to be in the area.

The pilot calmly told the passengers that he was flying the Worlds heaviest glider, as it proceeded to drop 20.000 feet.

He started an engine in reverse on batteries, which you only get one shot at, then he put it into forward thrust to get some climb, difficult to do but they can fly on one engine.

He did the same with another engine till he got them all going, he then proceeded to make an emergency landing at the nearest airport.

Everybody on the aircraft hugged him to death as he walked past them.

What a cool guy,

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.