Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
9 registered (DaiseyLady, Bennett, Obi, JHNebraska, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124057 - 06/27/05 09:26 AM .
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri

"Reality is just an illusion."

#124058 - 06/27/05 10:18 PM Re: .
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
SK
That's a great picture, treasure it.

I have a series of my old school pictures that range from about 7yo in primary school to 16yo when I left boarding school, and you can see EXACTLY when the abuse started, my whole manner changed so much that it shows on the later pictures. I look unhappy and unwell.

The MS 'policy' on pic's is that we haven't encouraged people to place pic's on the site, apparently the bandwidth is quite small and it slows the site down noticeably if we have a lot of pic's. Maybe that's something we can improve?

We do however discourage people from posting current pictures of themselves.
That's because of the problem of security, if we have pictures of handsome young men then we're going to get perps.

I don't think we have any guidelines published anywhere, but we probably should, we've just use a bit of common sense up until now.

Dave

#124059 - 06/27/05 11:01 PM Re: .
RockyMtJoe Offline

Loc: East of Pueblo, Colorado
:rolleyes:

I have no family photos taken by my family from
the day I was born until I joined the Army. It
was not really much of a family. I did get my relatives to collect any photos of me as a child as my wife was incredulous that there were none.

None were taken between my abuse (age 12-13+) and
the Army.

I did dig up a pre abuse school "yearbook" class photo, I was such as skinny boy and shorter than every girl. But I recalled the care that a few teachers had (mostly Catholic Sisters).

This was a trigger 4 me.

Joe

Not many triggers anything anymore, images
make one "honest" so I still have a ways to go.

older now, not so many miles before I sleep.........

#124060 - 07/16/05 11:24 AM Re: .
medicb4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sweden
*Possible trigger*
Quote:
Originally posted by RockyMtJoe:
older now, not so many miles before I sleep.........
None of us know how long the road will be. May the end come as a welcome surprise, the journey before and after be pleasant and filled with experiences that allow you to grow.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.