Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
1 registered (Banjo596), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123976 - 06/17/05 05:48 AM removed
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida

#123977 - 06/17/05 03:56 PM Re: removed
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Im'e afraid I dont have any answer and I have not seen the commercial. My wife complains that I dont watch whats on I watch what else is on. Ime a channel surfer and never see commercials.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#123978 - 06/18/05 12:51 AM Re: removed
Maynard Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have seen that commercial a couple of times and it is definately disturbing. I don't know what the hell they were thinking. I don't eat candy much, but that sure makes me not want to buy any starburst.

"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning." Mahatma Gandhi

#123979 - 06/18/05 05:35 AM Re: removed
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I do not think it was meant to be as creepy as it is. It was probably just a tip of the hat to Lionel Ritchie, and his awesome Hello video. The commercial gives me the creeps!

Casey

#123980 - 06/18/05 10:29 AM Re: removed
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida

#123981 - 06/18/05 06:10 PM Re: removed
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Hey Jeff,

Let me know if they offer you any free Starburst candy or coupons in response to your complaint.

I like them! \:D

But yeah, they think sex sells everything...even to little kids. Really pretty stupid...

But I never caught the sly cross reference to that freaky Lionel Richie video...man that was one ugly bust that they had in that one!

BTW, has any tried the Starburst gum?

Take care all,

Regards,

-Tony Joe White

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.