Newest Members
baltimura, YotaD55, giant251, Casey_SC, Xr2
12375 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (51), PhillyPa (39), sum1sun (39), time2heal (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (thrive-n-survive, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12375 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444258 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123934 - 06/07/05 04:33 PM child molester in your neighborhood
puppy Offline

Loc: earth
well this is really making me angry. when i was leaving the house this morning i noticed posters on all the trees and telephone poles down my street. so i went over to take a look. it was a sign, obviously made by someone in the neighborhood, with the name and address of someone who has moved in down the street. he is a convicted child molester and he lives about a block away. i felt sick. i know that they are everywhere but it still makes me sick. i live in a crappy area,there are a lot of single moms with kids in my neighborhood, its pretty much the student ghetto. it made me angry for all the mos who now have to worry about their kids playing outside, going to the park, etc. its not fair that people who do horrible things to kids are allowed to live in such close proximity to dozens of kids. i know there are laws to protect these people but it seems like extremely flawed logic to me.

#123935 - 06/08/05 12:55 AM Re: child molester in your neighborhood
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Puppy,

That stinks, but try not to let it get to you.

I'm not too keen on sex offenders myself, but I've been working with people lately that manage them and I've learned a lot.

The main thing to remember is that if this guy is really a registered offender then there are people watching him pretty well.

My worry is that so many people are watching the guys on the registry that they forget to watch the guy next door.

#123936 - 06/08/05 12:59 PM Re: child molester in your neighborhood
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

In Florida, we are still trying to get over the deaths of 2 young girls, committed by previously convicted sex offenders. The courts decided that they were now safe to be placed into our neighborhoods. My T tells me that now research is telling us that these guys never get 'cured' of their warped desires. Evidently he is correct, because now the legislature in Florida is trying to pass tougher laws on the releasing of this scum into our communities.

The real problem lies in that once they are released, they move around without anyone knowing about it. There is not the manpower nor the resources for watching these perverts 24/7. Instead it has been up to the pervert to voluntarily register his new address each time he decides to move. Yeah, right!!!

I think what your neighbors did is awesome. We are doing that here in Florida, too, because the courts look after the welfare of the perverts, not the public. Plaster the freak's photo all over the place so everyone can watch out for him. The kids in your neighborhood especially need to know what he looks like, and know to be very afraid of him.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.