Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jay1946, Obi, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442124 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123931 - 06/07/05 05:16 AM Crying
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Today, I was getting ready for work. I decided to check my e-mail. My internet frined in MInnesota emailed me. Turns out she was RAPED by her ex boyfriend. I was devastated. I was angry at that SOB, how could you do that?
It gets worse. I read BSU's online paper, The Arbiter. An article caugh tmy eye so I read it. Turns out, one of the guys I met when I ran for school Senate died. This is the guy who has had multiple death threats. I have met him, and he was a wonderful guy. I did not know him well, but he had such a pure light around him. He was hated by some because he was gay. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is too much to bear right now. Two tragedies, and nothing I can do to make either situation better. I stayed home from work, and I have been crying off and on all day. I feel like my heart is breaking, again.

Casey

#123932 - 06/07/05 12:48 PM Re: Crying
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Casey,

I'm so sorry about your friends. You are right. Two tragedies in on week is too much. One is too much. It's a shame that we live in a time where we still have ignorant bigots who would perhaps kill or threaten to kill another person because of who that person sleeps with.

Each of us know the horror of rape. Casey, your friend knows that she can get comfort and support from you or she wouldn't have called you. Be there for her. I'm not there, but know that I will be thinking of you, and your friends and their families today.

You're a good man. I'm sorry you have to deal with these things.

#123933 - 06/11/05 05:47 AM Re: Crying
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Rich,
Thanks for responding to my entry. It is deeply appreciated.
I found out some great news. The man I thought had died is not dead. He, in fact, wrote the article about his own death. In the actual paper, the article had a heading the said "Faux News," but I only read it online. I am greatly relieved that he is okay, but annoyed that I got so upset when I thought he was gone.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.