Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123778 - 03/21/05 10:57 PM True tales from "Pearls Before Swine"
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Again, while reading the Sunday "Pearls Before Swine" strip, I was amazed a how much Rat sounds like me when I kvetch about the Disney Company while throughly enjoying their product. In this case, Rat was sending a letter to the company's customer response department while Goat (the "smart" one of the strip) observes. The following is the ext of the strip.

"Dear Disney Company,

I recently visited one of your theme parks and enjoyed myself immensely. The only exception was the "It's a Small World" ride. Obviously, the world didn't quite turn out the way Walt Disney envisioned it. I recommend that the ride be changed to more accurately reflect the times.

The harmonious little midgets be shown beating the #### out of each other. They could beat each other with sticks, punch each other in the head, and drown each other in the cold water the little boats drift through.

And PLEASE change the music. I suggest 'Kill Them All' by Metallica."

At this point, Goat intercedes. "See, this is the kind of letter that a big company like Disneyland could find threatening. You should end the letter in a non-threatening way."

After a moment of thought, Rat concludes the letter; "Best regards, Goat."

I'll let you all decide if this sounds like me or not. \:D

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#123779 - 03/23/05 01:21 AM Re: True tales from "Pearls Before Swine"
Happy Birthday Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
the goat rules!

My niece dragged me through that ride three times in one afternoon.
She's 24 yo now, and I still haven't forgiven her.

Dave ;\)

#123780 - 03/23/05 05:07 PM Re: True tales from "Pearls Before Swine"
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
It's a small world at WDW has been down for rehab for almost a year(more than i year?), eh i'm not sure for how long, but it's finally back open again(i think i saw the reopening on the news)...it's supposed to be more like the one at Disneyland, which i guess is cool, i dunno, i havent had been out to the parks to see what the new and improved it's a small world looks like here...it's funny, i really think that space mountain needed to go down for rehab way more than it's a small world, i mean come on that ride is starting to get dangerous it has been so long since it went down for a rehab...i so wanna go to the parks in the up coming months, they've got this stupid 'happiest celebration on earth' going on which is were all the disney parks are celebrating the 50years of disneyland, and as stupid as that is it's kinda cool, cause like animal kingdom is getting this crazy interactive free roaming animatronic which looks freakin awesome, and then MGM has that paris stunt show thats supposed to open in a couple months, i think it's called 'lights motor action'...oh and they redid the castle and it's really pretty, all this gold trim and stuff, nothing like what they did to it when it was the 25years of WDW (that's when they made the castle a birthday cake with like pink icing and candy and shit, god it was ugly)...and then epcot is getting soarin' over california from california adventure...so it's all pretty cool... and i dont know why i'm rambling about this...i'm such a disney geek...lol you guys should shut me up...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.