Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, Rusty563, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123776 - 03/20/05 04:56 PM Death, I hate it
markw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: chicago
I hate death and the fact that we all grow old and die. Death is so final, so absolute. Not one of us will escape itís grip, the only thing we do not know is when death will come for us. My father in-law met death this past Tuesday morning. It came upon him suddenly, without any warning. There was no time to say good-bye, no last words were spoken. He is just gone. He was the man I went to for answers. He knew everything when it came to repairing something, always had a way making something work. I on the other hand, never had a clue how to fix something that did not have keyboard attached to it. I never had to, I had him.

I hate the pain and sorrow that I see in my wife. It is so hard to see her this way. Nothing I can say will make it better, nothing I can do can soften the impact that death has brought to our door. I know pain and grief, and sorrow all to well, I live with it daily. I know that you guys reading this post know it all to well too. I can handle the pain and sorrow, and the grief, they have been my companions for many years, but to see them come upon my wife, is almost to much to bare. I wish I could take them away and restore the happiness to her soul. Today we scatter her fatherís ashes in the Fox River, it was his wish that we do so. Once that is done, nothing of him will remain, there will be no grave site to visit. Today is a very sad day, a very sad and empty day indeed.

Mark

#123777 - 03/20/05 06:22 PM Re: Death, I hate it
Charlie Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you hurt less. When my grandfather died (he was the only male relative I felt close to and trusted, he made me feel safe when no one else could) I would write him letters and draw pictures. He was buried abroad, I couldn't visit his grave. Every day I would write him and tell him about my life. It made me feel like he was still present in my life. I was 6-7 years old and kids have a funny way of thinking but I still do it sometimes. "Talking" to him makes me feel safe. I know it doesn't help right now but the way a person makes you feel, the feelings you have for them, will always stay with you even if the person is gone.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.