Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123619 - 02/27/05 10:49 PM Flu Blues
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
The Flu sucks !!

I have had the Flu since Wednesday, & this crap has kicked my butt.

All I do is sleep.

The one saving grace is, I'm not puking.

But I can't breath thru the nose when I need to, like eating & sleeping.

Sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, Super Duper Congestion, Super Headache, sore all over, eyes burn, dizzy, dry mouth, chills, sweat, cold, hot.

This ride has been sooo fun. Can I get off now, please?

Blacken & Blu

#123620 - 02/27/05 11:19 PM Re: Flu Blues
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Yuck man, that stinks.

hang in there, it can't be too much longer till it breaks.

#123621 - 02/28/05 04:12 AM Re: Flu Blues
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Blacken,

I hope you feel better soon, bud. It can't last much longer. I know that isn't any help for you now, though. I'm sorry you're sick.

#123622 - 02/28/05 05:04 AM Re: Flu Blues
Aden Offline

My boss has no standards for quality or production what so ever. He just doesnít care. But he is a radical compulsive about attendance. So when I had the flu last month I went to work and spent a whole week just sitting around in a recliner in the employee lounge. We have a big screen TV, kitchenette, and privet restroom in there. When I wasnít sleeping I was either heating chicken soup, using the toilet, or watching old sitcoms. My subordinates would occasionally come by to ask for advice, and a few times I actually had to get up and go look at one of their projects. Mostly though they just left me alone and made fun of my snoring. I think that the recliner may still be toxic.

Life goes on!

Aden

#123623 - 02/28/05 07:34 AM Re: Flu Blues
cpt. confusion Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: midwest
blacken,

i agree the flu does suck, and I hope you get to feelin better very soon. my girlfriend has the flu right now, and unfortunately I have to avoid her like the plague, cause i hate being sick, plus I got too much work to do this week... hey speaking of work, Aden, CAN I COME WORK AT YOUR JOB!?!?!?!?!?!?!? jeez, talk about incentives! sure would be nice to work in an office like that, whether you have to go in sick or not! \:\) are they hiring?

anywho, blacken, tell that flu bug hes overstayed his welcome, time to get the hell out!!

take care,
cpt.

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#123624 - 03/06/05 09:02 AM Re: Flu Blues
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I just woke up with it this mourning, yeah it really sucks

It feel like i'm trying to breath through a carpet.

aleast one constelation i have is that i spoke to my buddy who had flu last week, and he said for him it only lasted 2 days.

I really hope that's the case,also i heard that sucking on the horrible tasting "Cold-eez" with zinc helps one recover alot faster. In my opinion, its still up in the air on whether they really do help.

just remember the basics: Drink LOTS of water, Rest, and if your fever is not that troubling, try to let your body fight it by not taking anything.

feel better

Logan

-Blade Runner

#123625 - 03/06/05 09:12 AM Re: Flu Blues
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I just woke up with it this mourning, yeah it really sucks

It feel like i'm trying to breath through a carpet.

aleast one constelation i have is that i spoke to my buddy who had flu last week, and he said for him it only lasted 2 days.

I really hope that's the case,also i heard that sucking on the horrible tasting "Cold-eez" with zinc helps one recover alot faster. In my opinion, its still up in the air on whether they really do help.

just remember the basics: Drink LOTS of water, Rest, and if your fever is not that troubling, try to let your body fight it by not taking anything.

feel better

Logan

-Blade Runner

#123626 - 03/06/05 10:34 AM Re: Flu Blues
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I don't think it ever fully 'hit' me. But I had about three weeks of overall exhaustion, sleeping most of the day. I could get up and do what I needed to do, and get my work done, but the rest of the time, I would sleep. I have a history of sleeping 3, maybe 4 hours a night, since I was a very small child. This kind of sleep is just unheard of for me.

Oh yes, and I want Aden's job to! ;\)

Blacken and Logan, I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#123627 - 03/12/05 05:15 PM Re: Flu Blues
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
Well, the " FLU " has run its course. But a secondary Sinus Infection took up residence in my head. So, I have blowing green & yellow slime out of my nose for the last week & a half. Sore throat on & off, congestion & that thick chunk of flem on the back of ur throat that wont come out or go down. Mmmm-mmm good.
Plus, nose bleeds. Lots of blood.

Sincerely, BloodyGreenSlimeChunks, (a.k.a. Blacken)

#123628 - 03/12/05 07:05 PM Re: Flu Blues
collegecapricorn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Providence, RI
"tis the season for good health" haha...sorry for all your alments blacken and others. Get well soon.

Joel

#123629 - 03/12/05 11:37 PM Re: Flu Blues
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I donít mean to state the obvious here, but have you been to the doctor?

A friend of mine didnít go to his own doctor when he thought he had the flu, he went to a walk in clinic. They told him that was all he had and they gave him meds but he wasnít getting better.

Now heís in the hospital with pneumonia.

I think you should get checked out.

#123630 - 03/13/05 01:57 AM Re: Flu Blues
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Blacken
Way too much information there! horrific abuse I can deal with, but "blowing green & yellow slime out of my nose" is too much for me! ;\) \:D

Here's my "guarenteed cure" anyway. I sweat it out, I go to bed in thermal underwear - the long stuff - and a good heavy sweatshirt. By the morning I'm soaked and smell worse than a teenagers Nike's. But it shifts it.

Dave \:\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.