Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (petercorbett, Obi, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443355 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123607 - 01/14/07 01:11 AM Our Dog
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
We had our dog to the vet this afternoon to have her ears checked and her nails clipped. The poor thing has a double ear infection so both ears had to have a really deep cleaning. She was not happy but very good. Medicine for the next two weeks should clear it all up.

Then came the nails. Now mind you this is a 75 pound pit bull-boxer mix who does NOT want her nails clipped. We felt silly making an appointment with the vet for such a normal grooming thing, but the two of us could not do it. We even gave her the sedative we have for her for fireworks and bad thunder storms; still it took 4 people and you would have thought we were killing her but we got the job done.

The vet did a regular exam too and found a mammary tumor. She originally wanted to wait until next week to asperate it because the poor dog had already been through so much today and my b/f said OK. I wasn't so sure about it, but went along. The vet left the room to get something for us and I saw the strain already very obvious on my b/f's face. We were both worried, but I know the thought of her having cancer was eating him alive and he'd be a mess if we had to wait another week for the test and then a few more days after that for the results. I told him I wanted it today, he very dejectedly said no, listen to the vet - bullshit! I got up without saying a word, found the vet and told her to do it today. She absolutely understood, came back in with the needle and it was done.

Well, we still have to wait a few days for the final results, but the vet said, and showed us, that what was coming out of the tumor looked like nothing more than a cyst and she wasn't as concerned after the asperation as before.

When we left the vet's office my b/f thanked me as if I'd saved his life. It was really no big deal to me, I did what I thought was best, not only for the dog, but for me and especially for him. For some crazy reason he couldn't do it himself and was very relieved that I was there to go against the vet's recommendation and make a decision that was best for all.

For a man so totally in control, I don't get that.

ROCK ON...........Trish

#123608 - 01/14/07 10:03 AM Re: Our Dog
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
I hope you dog is well. I'll be praying for all of you tonight.

Recovery is Possible!

Brian

#123609 - 01/14/07 12:18 PM Re: Our Dog
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
Trish -

I am glad your pup is ok - definitely a happy ending.

Isn't it nice how much your bf loves his dog -

and isn't it nicer that he appreciates you?

I wish my bf in florida had... hehe

It's true!

Rockin on... Mgb

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#123610 - 01/14/07 08:05 PM Re: Our Dog
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Trish, sounds like a cyst to me, I had one on my gums, messy but not cancerous.
Good job you had it done sooner than later,

ste

#123611 - 01/15/07 12:11 AM Re: Our Dog
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

You said
Quote:
For a man so totally in control, I don't get that.
I'm not sure I get it either, but I certainly experience it!. It's like something got so broke inside of me that in certain situation I'm totally paralyzed. I simply cannot take needed action for some reason.

Guess what I'm saying here is your b/f and I seem to share that trait. I'm wondering if other survivors here experience the same thing?

Excellent thread topic. Thanks.

Lots of love,

John

#123612 - 01/15/07 01:31 AM Re: Our Dog
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

John,

Thanks for seeing the question through my really long story. It seems that my b/f, when faced with having to make decisions like this, just can't do it. In personal situations, and this one is just a for instance because it just happened, he will step back and be led because he just doesn't trust himself to make a decision. It's so unlike him in every other aspect of his life.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#123613 - 01/17/07 04:26 AM Re: Our Dog
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Yeah! Our dog's test came back and the tumor is nothing more than a benign cyst \:D

ROCK ON.......Trish

#123614 - 01/17/07 07:20 AM Re: Our Dog
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Thanks for sharing your great news!

Brian

#123615 - 01/17/07 08:58 AM Re: Our Dog
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

Glad the dog's OK.

John

#123616 - 01/17/07 01:47 PM Re: Our Dog
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
wooohoooo!

good news!
\:\) \:\) \:\)

Mgb

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.