Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (outis, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64439 Topics
450100 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123607 - 01/14/07 01:11 AM Our Dog
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
We had our dog to the vet this afternoon to have her ears checked and her nails clipped. The poor thing has a double ear infection so both ears had to have a really deep cleaning. She was not happy but very good. Medicine for the next two weeks should clear it all up.

Then came the nails. Now mind you this is a 75 pound pit bull-boxer mix who does NOT want her nails clipped. We felt silly making an appointment with the vet for such a normal grooming thing, but the two of us could not do it. We even gave her the sedative we have for her for fireworks and bad thunder storms; still it took 4 people and you would have thought we were killing her but we got the job done.

The vet did a regular exam too and found a mammary tumor. She originally wanted to wait until next week to asperate it because the poor dog had already been through so much today and my b/f said OK. I wasn't so sure about it, but went along. The vet left the room to get something for us and I saw the strain already very obvious on my b/f's face. We were both worried, but I know the thought of her having cancer was eating him alive and he'd be a mess if we had to wait another week for the test and then a few more days after that for the results. I told him I wanted it today, he very dejectedly said no, listen to the vet - bullshit! I got up without saying a word, found the vet and told her to do it today. She absolutely understood, came back in with the needle and it was done.

Well, we still have to wait a few days for the final results, but the vet said, and showed us, that what was coming out of the tumor looked like nothing more than a cyst and she wasn't as concerned after the asperation as before.

When we left the vet's office my b/f thanked me as if I'd saved his life. It was really no big deal to me, I did what I thought was best, not only for the dog, but for me and especially for him. For some crazy reason he couldn't do it himself and was very relieved that I was there to go against the vet's recommendation and make a decision that was best for all.

For a man so totally in control, I don't get that.

ROCK ON...........Trish

#123608 - 01/14/07 10:03 AM Re: Our Dog
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
I hope you dog is well. I'll be praying for all of you tonight.

Recovery is Possible!

Brian

#123609 - 01/14/07 12:18 PM Re: Our Dog
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
Trish -

I am glad your pup is ok - definitely a happy ending.

Isn't it nice how much your bf loves his dog -

and isn't it nicer that he appreciates you?

I wish my bf in florida had... hehe

It's true!

Rockin on... Mgb

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#123610 - 01/14/07 08:05 PM Re: Our Dog
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Trish, sounds like a cyst to me, I had one on my gums, messy but not cancerous.
Good job you had it done sooner than later,

ste

#123611 - 01/15/07 12:11 AM Re: Our Dog
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

You said
Quote:
For a man so totally in control, I don't get that.
I'm not sure I get it either, but I certainly experience it!. It's like something got so broke inside of me that in certain situation I'm totally paralyzed. I simply cannot take needed action for some reason.

Guess what I'm saying here is your b/f and I seem to share that trait. I'm wondering if other survivors here experience the same thing?

Excellent thread topic. Thanks.

Lots of love,

John

#123612 - 01/15/07 01:31 AM Re: Our Dog
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

John,

Thanks for seeing the question through my really long story. It seems that my b/f, when faced with having to make decisions like this, just can't do it. In personal situations, and this one is just a for instance because it just happened, he will step back and be led because he just doesn't trust himself to make a decision. It's so unlike him in every other aspect of his life.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#123613 - 01/17/07 04:26 AM Re: Our Dog
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Yeah! Our dog's test came back and the tumor is nothing more than a benign cyst \:D

ROCK ON.......Trish

#123614 - 01/17/07 07:20 AM Re: Our Dog
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Thanks for sharing your great news!

Brian

#123615 - 01/17/07 08:58 AM Re: Our Dog
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

Glad the dog's OK.

John

#123616 - 01/17/07 01:47 PM Re: Our Dog
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
wooohoooo!

good news!
\:\) \:\) \:\)

Mgb

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.