Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (ethereo222, GT13568, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123465 - 02/17/05 08:35 PM Trig was invented by satan..
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
(this is just me rambling about school so you all are welcome to ignore it...)

*sigh* Ok so maybe trig wasn't invented by the devil, but I sure feel like it right now... I just got home from taking a test in trig and my class after it got canceled cause the prof is sick( something has gotta be going around cause last week i had a diffrent class canceled because the prof was sick) so now i have like a million hours till i have to leave for my writing class, and all i can think about it how i totally f-ed up that trig test. It's my own damn fault, becasue i didnt do the homework for this chapter, nor did i study for the test, the in class work is all i had to go on, and i felt like i knew the stuff ok, but i just had no drive to put in any effort to study for it ouside of class...I guess i'm just having one of those weeks were you just dont have the energy or desire to bother doing anything that you know you need to do...i know I've gotta get my act together and start putting real effort into these classes, cause i've been skating by with doing everything last minute since the semester begain and i know i cant do that anymore, infact i think if i continue to do that i'll just not do the work or i'll crack or both...I love school, and i love learning, it's my thing, i just lately, dont give a shit about it, and that's weird...school has always been my escape, i could lose myself in it and it's just really weird to not care about it...i kinda feel like i'm standing back and watching myself fuck it all up but the guy screwing it all up is ignoring the my yelling for him to cut it out and do it right (if that makes anysense at all) i dont know i'm just feelin weird. :rolleyes:

Jake

#123466 - 02/17/05 11:32 PM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Jake
I agree !

I went through school ( many years ago :rolleyes: ) and any kind of maths left me dazed and confused.
By 16 yo I could barely add up.

So I decided to become an engineer. good decision eh ?

And I still couldn't do maths, and by this time we were doing all kinds of calculus and stuff I still don't know the names of even.
But slowly I realized that something like trig I could understand because I was finding a practical application for it. Which wasn't taught at our school for sure. I had no idea why anyone would even want to figure out an angele, let alone how.
And then the calculator was invented, and it suddenly became easier.

I've since discovered that I have dyscalculia - dyslexia with numbers, and certain learning difficulties. I need to know 'why' before I even start on 'how'.
Today I think my problems would be addressed and dealt with properly, I certainly hope so.

But I still agree "trig is the devils work!"

Dave

#123467 - 02/18/05 12:48 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Ah, trig. I love it and use it a lot. \:\) But here I am going off on a tangent.

#123468 - 02/18/05 03:04 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Algebra is also a Satanic invention!!!!!!!

Casey

#123469 - 02/18/05 05:39 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

ewwwww bill how can you say you love trig

#123470 - 02/18/05 05:57 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill_1965:
Ah, trig. I love it and use it a lot. \:\) But here I am going off on a tangent.
HAHAHA...some things people say on here just really make my day. "I am going off on a tangent" that was...brilliant Bill haha.

I hate math, but I love physics...hence why I am a psychology major \:\) Trig does suck. If I had a dollar for every trig test I took and failed I'd be rich.

It is weird that you mention how you are just not caring about school. I am feeling the same way sort of. It is like I care, and I want to do good and pass the test, but for some damned reason I can't pull myself together for an hour to study. (and I'm only taking 1 class this term) Since I can't pull myself together to study, I think I've takin on the attitude of, oh well, f**k it, I'll just retake the class when I'm better...whenever that day comes.

Jon

#123471 - 02/18/05 06:04 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

well...now i feel more like and idiot lol, i didnt even notice bill's joke, thanks for pointing that out...

ya know i really wish i could afford to just say fuck it too all my classes and take them all another time but i screwed myself over by taking on too much 5classes or 15credit hours i've gotta be nutz

#123472 - 02/18/05 08:54 PM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
that's Bill for you, always looking at all the angles.

#123473 - 02/18/05 09:48 PM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

oh SAR!! that was terrible!! lol thanks for the laugh

#123474 - 02/18/05 10:38 PM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

actually, i thought it obtuse

\:\)

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#123475 - 02/19/05 12:29 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

You have sympathize of me Jake, I always hated school, even when I didn't do to bad with it. I do not mind learning new things, but I do not like that shcool is needed usualy to do it. Good luck with the math.

andrei

#123476 - 02/19/05 12:53 AM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
grendyl Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: US West Coast
there is better math after trig though. you may like calculus.

#123477 - 02/22/05 10:23 PM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

i got my trig test back today... i got a 45 \:\( i'm so screwed

#123478 - 02/22/05 11:28 PM Re: Trig was invented by satan..
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Who invented statistics, time management and low wage economies, starvation, wars for no reason, poverty and homelessness? Satan

ste

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.