Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
7 registered (lostsoul824, Garf, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446776 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123426 - 12/29/06 05:32 AM scary words
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

some things can be so scary just to hear ,i had surgery not long ago to relieve pressure on my brain from bone fragments left over from my abuse ,but it was just to insert a drain ,nothing real big ,i been having headaches again since the surgery and now they say they need to take the fragments out ,somehow just hearing the words brain surgery scares the shit outa me. its my choice to do it or not ,the up side of this is it will keep me from loosing the sight in my left eye also the headaches will stop ,and they tell me the pressure is affecting the part of my brain that controls my dreamming ,bad dreams also started again ,the down side is a steel plate in my head and of course they have to tell you that you can die or be screwed up ,but they do that for any surgery. heh i guess id be hell trying to go through an airport security lol! guess i shouldnt be scared hell i been through worse its just that sentence that kinda freaks me. adam

#123427 - 12/29/06 05:34 AM Re: scary words
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

also its been causing me to have gran mall seizures ,lucky i havnt had any since the other surgery ,so i guess the good outweighs the bad here huh?

#123428 - 12/29/06 07:20 AM Re: scary words
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Adam - Surgery does scare the 'hell' outta ya! I have had much surgery and hospital stays (open heart surgeries, stents, eyes, foot, invasive procedures, etc.)over the last 2 yrs. I can only imagine brain surgery. But if your choice is to not have surgery, then it seems a pretty dark and painful future. No easy decision! My prayers and thoughts go out to you...You need to do what you feel needs to be done!! I know you will decide for your best!!

Howard

#123429 - 12/29/06 01:59 PM Re: scary words
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Adam:
I'm not one to normally venture outside of the friends/family forum to post, but I wanted to offer you support. My thoughts and prayers are also with you!
s-n-s

cm 2007

#123430 - 12/29/06 03:27 PM Re: scary words
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Adam, brain surgeons are very experienced at their work, and I guess this is a common procedure for them.
Modern ways of doing stuff is pretty safe these days, and nobody wants you to lose yr sight.

You have us guys behind ya ;\)

ste

#123431 - 12/29/06 04:17 PM Re: scary words
Alexander Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Sure sounds scary Adam!
Not a very easy decision to make I guess.
But I guess, considering what will happen/continue if you dont do surgery, it might be best to chose to do the surgery?
Ste is right, they're very skilled and experienced, those surgeons.
Keep us up to date okey.
Greets,

Alexander

But I am screaming underneath

#123432 - 12/30/06 01:28 AM Re: scary words
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Adam, surgery is also scary to those of us who aren't "experienced" with it, as doctors are, who do this sort of thing all the time. One thing I am learning, is that it's good if we can face the TASK, not the FEAR of the task. I know that sounds ridiculous coming from me who lately has been pretty fearful about everything to do with my future, etc., but I truly believe we can work ourselves into a frenzy worrying about things. I'd venture to say that it will all go fine as the last surgery did, and then it will be behind you and you can worry about something else. ;\) I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers and am sorry you have to deal with such terrible injuries. My heart truly goes out to you. You are strong and I have no doubt that one day you will be able to help others with the same fears....

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#123433 - 12/30/06 01:30 AM Re: scary words
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Hey Adam I just noticed we have the same birthdate Nov. 1 - I'm just a "little" older than you! I graduated from high school the year you were born!

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#123434 - 12/30/06 02:38 AM Re: scary words
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks its cool that you guys care, i am kinda experienced with surgery i had 4 of them done to fix my eye and jaw and two others ,that you dont talk about plus the drain thing ,but it still kinda scares me,also i wonder why they didnt get all this stuff out when it happened? it sucks that after all this time that bastard is still screwing up my life!i have a little time to decide so thanks for your advice. adam

#123435 - 12/30/06 04:04 AM Re: scary words
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Adam

I am so sorry you've had to endure so much pain in your life - I know this surgery is a very scarey thing - but, if it will help keep you from loosing sight in your left eye and stop the headaches - it sounds like it would really be worth it in the long run...

Brain docs are real pro's of the medical field - yeah, it's a scarey thing to have to go through - but they really know what they are doing - I am sure you will be fine...

Take good care of yourself,

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#123436 - 12/30/06 06:09 AM Re: scary words
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

brokenhearted, cool idea its gonna take a while to set it up so im not gonna worry about it!cant change anything by worrying . thanks! adam

#123437 - 12/30/06 06:59 AM Re: scary words
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I hope you will not need surgery, but if you do, it is sucessful to end this totaly, so you do not have no more pain. I will be thinking good things for you anyway.

VN

#123438 - 12/30/06 03:36 PM Re: scary words
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Adam,

BH's thoughts are on the money. I wish I could do that all the time, but it's hard, right? Just think about and ultimately get the job done cause worrying about it doesn't get you anywhere but confused and more worried. Good luck to you!!!

Trish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.