Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63231 Topics
442169 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#123410 - 02/18/05 11:02 PM Re: The Daily Show dropped the ball.. this may make you angry
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
That's just the thing, even the daily show would not have made light of the rape of a twelve year old girl AT ALL. Its not even a matter of the outcry that would occur, because there would NEVER be a joke like that.

I don't care if they bash my political view, my religious view or anything like that, because those are just my opinions. but RAPE is not a joke.

edit:

by the way, there won't be a reply to any of our email.

#123411 - 02/18/05 11:42 PM Re: The Daily Show dropped the ball.. this may make you angry
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
I just called the guy's office, and he is out until the 23rd.

#123412 - 02/19/05 10:37 PM Re: The Daily Show dropped the ball.. this may make you angry
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Here's my letter. Sent both to Mr. Albani and the regular complaint line. I'll fax the letter letter Tuesday after the holiday weekend.

Quote:
Steve Albani, Vice President
Comedy Central
1775 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

RE: COMMENTS ON THE DAILY SHOW

Dear Mr. Albani,

Mr. Jon Stewart’s comments on the Daily Show and as a guest on Hannity and Combs regarding the Mary Kay Letourneau case were absolutely appalling and irresponsible. An adult female having sex with a 12 year old boy is every bit abusive as an adult male having sex with a 12 year old female. The latter would without doubt would not be a joking matter for you, Mr. Stewart, or any other show host.

A 12 year old boy is not “lucky” to be abused as Mr. Stewart has said over and over. They suffer real affects from the abuse, just like any other abuse and rape victim. Affects that are amplified by society’s “oh, he’s lucky” attitude as Mr. Stewart has extended. His joking comments most likely had devastating effects on many men that are suffering such affects by belittling them into thinking they are wrong for having such thoughts.

Conservative estimates put 1 in 6 males have been abused before the age of 18. I am amongst them. Very few of these males ever come forward and seek help for their abuse and its affects. Instead they may turn to alcohol, drugs, other addictions and crime. Mr. Stewart’s comments, as I have said, most likely increased the number that will not seek help. I invite you to learn more about the severity and the reality of the problem of male sexual abuse. Read one of the growing number of books on the subject, books like Victims No Longer by Mike Lew. Learn about it and read the real affects through real stories and real discussions on MaleSurvivor.org, the only national organization for the prevention and treatment of male victims of sexual abuse. When you do that, you will realize that it is no laughing matter and Mr. Stewart and/or yourself should publicly denounce the statement and acknowledge the real problem that sexual abuse of males is.

Respectfully,

#123413 - 02/23/05 02:02 AM Re: The Daily Show dropped the ball.. this may make you angry
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
The response, as expected.

Dear William,

We appreciate your comments and concerns.

As a comedy network, it is our foremost intention to entertain. We are committed to providing our viewers with the most topical and provocative comedy and at times we push the envelope.

One example of this brand of programming is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, a satire of the evening news, and the day's headlines. Necessarily, this kind of fresh and honest comedy touches on real issues, events, and people of importance to all of us. The interviews and pieces featured on The Daily Show are also meant to give our viewers with the same type of topical and provocative comedy. However, it is never our intention to offend or alienate any of our viewers.

We apologize for having offended you in any way.

Sincerely,
Comedy Central Viewer Services

#123414 - 02/23/05 03:38 AM Re: The Daily Show dropped the ball.. this may make you angry
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
That's pretty interesting since the guy's personal voicemail says he's out of the office till tomorrow.

If I were you, I would call and ask him what's up with that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.