Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (petercorbett, traveler), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#123295 - 01/30/05 04:09 PM Re: No feelings or emotions anymore
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

My son came home from the hospital yesterday. He seems fine, but the rest of the family is tired, depressed and has this feeling of hopelessness. It'll go away, though. Always does after these episodes. We're sending him to stay with my parents next week, so they can keep an eye on him while we try to work. He likes to walk on the beach with my Mom.

Thanks for the all the support, suggestions, and prayer. I appreciate it brothers.

#123296 - 01/31/05 02:22 AM Re: No feelings or emotions anymore
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Rich have you ever considered letting him into your world. You know Trust etc. Maybe he has a need to help and feels helpless not being able to. I know I used to feel that way.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#123297 - 01/31/05 12:58 PM Re: No feelings or emotions anymore
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rich,

I'll keep the prayers coming...peace, I'm going to pray for peace.
My siser-in-law is schizoprenic and it is managed with the latest drugs...she has lived and has had a life for these past 40 years, she is 65 this year. She is probably the sweetest member of our family.
Hope, too, Rich, I will pray for your son(s) for Hope, too.
Strength and courage,
David

#123298 - 02/02/05 02:51 AM Re: No feelings or emotions anymore
gericareco Offline

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Your posting helped me see that I am not the only one feeling despair. I am touched by your courage to ask for help. Your son needs you and you need him. Try to find the love in that for each other. Life is tough enough. We need each other to get through it. It is tough to watch our kids go through pain and anger. And so bad that they want to end it all; not taking into account how much that pain would cause those of us left behind. Yet, if they weren't in pain, they wouldbe able to think of us. I will pray for you and your family throughthis difficult time and hope that,with the spring, will come new hope andjoy for each of you.

#123299 - 02/09/05 06:34 PM Re: No feelings or emotions anymore
justensmom Offline

Loc: Texas
Hey Rich,

I can't or won't say that I know what youare going through, but I can tell you that I know what it feels like to be drained emotionally and physically from a child that has mental illness, and emotional problems. I love my son, and I still feel helpless and scared and alone at times when dealing with him. For me when I am at the end of my rope I will take some time to just look at baby pics, and read about the things he has gone through, then I cry, then I go and sit on the side of his bed and pray and talk to him while he sleeps. I tell him over and over agian that mommy loves him, and that everything will be ok. That he is so loved not only by me, but by God. I know how hard it is in ones heart when you see your child that you love try to take their life, because you wonder do they truly know how precious they are. You wonder if they will ever know how loved they are, and how that you would take on everything that they have and everything that they feel that is bad in a second. All I know to say is that YOU ARE NOT ALONE in this world. Please remember that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.