Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Suwanee, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123196 - 01/17/05 05:51 PM Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Friends and countrymen,

As you've probably noticed, movies are something of an obsession of mine (NO!, I hear you all scream :rolleyes: :p ). I've also noticed the overwhelming glut of awards, festivals, etc., dedicated to this truly U.S. (sorry to all my friends from around the world, but it IS!) art form. Now, we don't REALLY need another one or two, but considering the HUGE response to my movie posts here, I figure, why don't WE rate a respected award for movies? Certainly our opinions are no better or worse than other peoples, even the experts.

So, for your consideration, please feel free to nominate films, actors, and directors for the 2004 first-ever Kramer and Eddie Awards for Cinematic Achievement.

Some background for both:

The Stanley Kramer Memorial Award for Outstanding Cinematic Achievement - This series of awards, named after the legendary director-producer Stanley Kramer, is for the best example of film achievement for the year. No high-brow reasons are necessary to nominate a particular film for the award (although it CAN be a consideration - critical acclaim. Something the Oscars SELDOM seem to take into account), but the main consideration should be were the films and artisans nominated SUCCESSFUL in achieving entertainment-enlightenment to you, the audience, for a given movie or performance in same? In other words, was the film or performance OUTSTANDING? Categories to be considered include Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor (male or female, no discrimination!), Best Scene in a Film (a scene that just plain was the most SUCCESSFUL or MEMORABLE to you).

The Edward Wood Memorial Award for Most Dismal Cinematic Work or Performance - The flip side of the Kramers will be the Eddies. Named for the universally-recognized Worst Director Ever, these awards "celebrate" the dark side of achievement. For every great film, there seems to be a dozen more bad ones. For every good performance or execution of the cinematic arts, there seems to be more bad examples. The films or performances nominated for this award should be the top examples of bad cinema. Do they go beyond just being "unsuccessful" and cross the line into painfully BAD? Then the film deserves a nomination for the Eddie. The same categories named for the Kramers apply, but they are the opposite for them - Worst Film, Worst Director, Worst Actor (male or female), and Worst Scene in a Film.

Nominations can be posted here or to me via PM. I will be taking them until January 31, and the winners will be named in a GALA virtual award ceremony, to be presented by me (we're doing this on the cheap, remember? \:D ), unless there are other volunteers to be presenters, soon after.

So come on, friends and brothers (nominations will be open to Friends and Family as well), let's remember our favorites and blast the crap from the year!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#123197 - 01/17/05 08:37 PM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Best, 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind'. I had to watch it four times to understand it total, but it was worth to watch that much.

Worst, 'Dodgeball'. I didn't understand much of it, maybe it was funny, but I could not stand to watch it more then once.

Andrei

#123198 - 01/17/05 08:48 PM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
count me out, I only saw one movie last year... The Passion of Christ

#123199 - 01/17/05 09:04 PM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Best movie Latter Days

Worst movie Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind

#123200 - 01/18/05 01:19 AM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Scot,

I cannot sit and concentrate long enough to watch a movie all the way thru, so I rent DVDS. The best I can do is judge the best and worst DVDs, which my be from last year or the year before:

Best Movie: The Village

Worst Movie: Bad Santa (total letdown)

#123201 - 01/18/05 03:17 AM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Best Movie: Hero

Worst Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

#123202 - 01/19/05 09:24 PM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Best: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Worst: You Got Served

#123203 - 01/19/05 11:45 PM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Another for the best category. Friday Night Lights.

Best New Male Actor: Tim McGraw for Friday Night Lights

Best New Actress Faith Hill for The Stepford Wives

Casey

#123204 - 01/29/05 08:43 AM Re: Nominations being taken - LONG AND SOMEWHAT SILLY!
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Another best, the movie 'Ray', and the actor who play him. I really like that movie.

And worse, I know some people will be maybe angry to me for saying it, but I am not American, and was just watching it as movie, and thought it very stupid and just all on one side, was 'Farnheit 9/11'.

Andrei

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.