Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (JayBro, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63591 Topics
444241 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123167 - 01/16/05 07:49 AM A perfect evening
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I took Mrs. EGL to the symphony tonight because they were performing Ravel's "Daphnis et Chloe" (which is my favorite orchestral work of all time). I was thrilled that I would get to hear it performed live, I never thought I would get to.

I had called on Thursday and reserved our seats, which were in the balcony (they're cheaper and I don't mind sitting way back there). When we got to the theatre, we went to the ticket window and picked up the tickets and went inside. I handed the tickets to the usher (a very nice older lady), and she started ushering us down towards the stage. I thought "Wonder why she's taking us down there?" She took us to 3rd row from the stage (!) and showed us to our seats which were in the dead center. So I'm thinking "She must have made a mistake." I looked at our tickets and it was right though. They even had my name printed on them by the computer, and the rate was the balcony rate. Don't know why, and I didn't argue, so we enjoyed the show.

I know it may sound stupid to some people, but tonight was one of the highlights of my life. When they began playing, I felt tears welling up in my eyes, it was so beautiful. A perfect evening.

#123168 - 01/16/05 08:09 AM Re: A perfect evening
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Nights like that do not come around all that often. Cherish it!

Casey

#123169 - 01/16/05 04:35 PM Re: A perfect evening
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
What a gift!

#123170 - 01/16/05 10:33 PM Re: A perfect evening
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I'm glad you had a great evening. Here's to more of them.

#123171 - 01/17/05 04:23 PM Re: A perfect evening
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Who said we do not deserve good things happening to us. Nobody I care to know! Terrific. ;\)

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#123172 - 01/20/05 03:51 PM Re: A perfect evening
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
EGL So glad to hear about your tears. I always cry at the symphony. Don't know why. During some pieces I just sit and cry all the way through. I'm not sad or anything like that. It's just the way my body responds to the music. My sister gets chills. I think I much prefer tears. (Don't cry out loud...probably get kicked out!) Bobby

#123173 - 01/20/05 04:54 PM Re: A perfect evening
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
i love nights/moments like that-
i love that we have moments when the beauty in life and the loved one beside us are all just so overwhelmingly beautiful - and fulfilling -

- peace - love - joy -

happy for you egl-

mgb

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.