Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (manipulated, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446824 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123136 - 01/14/05 05:35 PM Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
SCOT'S PICK O' THE WEEK.........

Because, hey, where ELSE are you gonna read about weird crap? \:D

Unusually flavored potato chips (Regionally produced)

Well, in order to compeat with the "Big Boys" (Read - Frito Lay), local snack food purveyors occasionally introduce new flavors for their potato chips that we've never even IMAGINED. They ARE locally produced, so I'm not gonna mention the makers here, but I WILL talk about the flavors that were available. Maybe they're familiar, maybe not.

Some of the GOOD ones introduced in my neck were Steak and Onion flavor (YUM!), All-American Cheeseburger (Ketchup, mustard, and cheddar cheese!), All-American Hot-Dog (Ketchup, mustard, and hot-dog spices - delicious!), and Kosher Dill Pickle (So good that Frito-Lay ripped them off!).

Not-so-bright ideas were Old Bay Crab Seasoning (Guh?!?), Shrimp-on-the-barbee (Double-Guh?!?), and Habanero (no flavor, just PAINFUL heat!).

Anyone else who had weird chip flavors, or just plain weird FOOD items, please write in.

'Till Next week!

Peace, love, and snack foods!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#123137 - 01/14/05 05:41 PM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Quote:
Habanero (no flavor, just PAINFUL heat!)
Now that I could get into! Did you guys know that spicy heat is a mood enhancer because it releases endorphins?

The flavor I could never figure out is salt and vinegar. The only thing that is good for is inducing heart bypass surgery.

#123138 - 01/15/05 01:55 AM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Quote:
The flavor I could never figure out is salt and vinegar. The only thing that is good for is inducing heart bypass surgery.
I thought it was a replacement for icapac.

#123139 - 01/15/05 02:11 AM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Scot
we get hedgehog crisps !!!

http://hedgehogclub.com/

Everybody say "AAHHHHHH, so cute"

Dave \:D

#123140 - 01/15/05 04:12 AM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I don't get it, you make crisps out of these?

they must be. . . crunchy.

#123141 - 01/15/05 11:41 PM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
unknownsoldier Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northwest
1) Don't dis the vinegar

2) Is that the second place hedgehog with the red ribbon?So does the first place one look better(?!)

#123142 - 01/16/05 12:18 AM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Here's the proof!

Quote:
Hedgehog Chips
Hedgehog mania has accounted for at least one business success story: Hedgehog Foods Ltd., one of Europe's biggest makers of organic potato chips, or crisps at the British call them. In 1981, Philip Lewis, a pub owners in Wales and devotee of hedgehog jokes, decided as a lark to produce "hedgehog flavored" crisps. Sales boomed, but it didn't take long for angry hedgehog lovers to blow the whistle, fearing that the crisps were actually made from hedgehogs. In fact, they were flavored with pork fat.

But then, in 1982, Britain's Office of Fair Trading hauled Mr. Lewis into court for false advertising. A settlement ultimately was reached under Mr. Lewis interviewing gypsies, who actually do eat baked hedgehog, ascertained what hedgehogs taste like and commissioned a flavorings firm to more or less duplicate the flavor. He changed the labels from "hedgehog flavored" to "hedgehog flavor," and all interest were satisfied.

Last year Hedgehog Foods had sales of $3.6 million and is now a major contributor to St. Tiggywinkles Hospital, plugging the hospital on every package. "Looking back, it was a bit gruesome, that flavor," Mr. Lewis concedes.

reprinted without permission from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, January 8, 1992 (page 1)
It says in the article that gypsies do eat hedgehog, and they do it by covering the entire dead hedgehog with clay and roasting it on an open fire. They break of the clay and the spines and skin come away as well, leaving the small amount of meat easy to pick off.
Apparently it's considered a great delicacy, but I can't vouch for that.

Dave

#123143 - 01/16/05 12:39 AM Re: Scot's Pick O' The Week - Jan. 14
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

WOW!! And I thought the local "dilly burgers" made from armadilla meat and gatortail on skewers were weird. I guess every locale has it's own weird food.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.