Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123115 - 01/11/05 04:27 PM To Mom on her 5th Anniversary (1929-1999)
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
It doesn't get any easier. Just less difficult, which isn't the same thing.

Five years ago today at around 2 in the morning, I watched you die. Cancer killed you, but not before you gave it one Hell of a run for its money. You faced your disease with a rare courage and dignity, even when it was trying to rob you of it. Yet another reason why you were, are, and always will be my guiding light.

I don't know why I feel the need to let this out publically. I talk to you every day and I know you're there. I know you still do your damndest to watch out for us. We being as stubborn as you were, still insist on doing our own thing, right or wrong, yet I think, in my case at least, you inspire me to make more correct decisions these days.

I think I just want you to be known more, Mom. So many people pass from this Earth, common heroes the lot of them, without anyone other than their loved ones knowing how special they were. Here, at least, I think you can touch more lives in a positive way. I hope knowing your example they do.

You weren't perfect or a saint. I know that. You indulged me too much, you smoked (which, no doubt, added to the disease that claimed your life), you put up with my Dad (who growing up you knew was an abusive, alcoholic prick), and made decisions yourself which weren't healthy or proper. But you also were there for me, for all of us. You made me feel whole, loved, and special. Very important when the world was insistant on telling me otherwise. In many different ways, you made us all feel special. This was your gift.

You used the salty language around us and had a pungeant sense of humor which you passed to me that carried me through the tough times. You were in many ways a strong woman who didn't put up with the crap that the outside world dealt you. You were an independant thinker from a time which didn't churtn out too many of them. You were tolerant and loving, and I surely wish I believed that more of you as a child than I did, for certainly you would have kicked the living shit out of morons one and two.

Mom, I miss you. I truly wish you were here more directly, but I'm content with having you as my guardian and conscience (albeit I ignore you still from time to time - that stubborn streak again! \:D ). I will be content with this until the time comes for me to join you.

You taught me how to read and gave me a love of the written word and knowledge that is truly the greatest blessing, apart from your love and belief in me, you bestowed.

I love you, Mom. Now and forever. Love never dies, it's merely changed. You taught me that, too.

In honor of your life. Lea Rose (Huard) Carr. 1929-1999.

LOve always,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#123116 - 01/11/05 10:36 PM Re: To Mom on her 5th Anniversary (1929-1999)
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

What a beautiful tribute to your Mother, Scott.
I'm sure she was a wonderful woman in her own, special way. And she certainly is remembered by a pretty terrific guy.
We'll honor her also, Scott, as you have honored us with your presence here at MaleSurvivor.

Blessings, buddy,

David

#123117 - 01/12/05 05:00 AM Re: To Mom on her 5th Anniversary (1929-1999)
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Scot,

You certainly have a way with words, buddy. I'm thinking of you today.

Your Brother,

#123118 - 01/12/05 06:54 PM Re: To Mom on her 5th Anniversary (1929-1999)
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Scot your mother was your teacher and your guide. She will be with you always because her goodness shines in you.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.