Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (Johnnygolightly, GT13568, NeverGiveUp23, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443126 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123046 - 01/08/05 01:42 AM Where do we go from here
rjarad Offline

Loc: 3834 yorkland dr. #10
my daughter has been sexually abused while being in a foster home they are quickly trying to return her to me, I feel the system has betrayed me and my daughter, where do i go from here? Any suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

Sincerely,
A concerned Mother

#123047 - 01/08/05 02:25 AM Re: Where do we go from here
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
'Mother
What a terrible violation of trust, I can't begin to feel your families pain.

But I know that if you are concerned enough to post here asking for help then you are determined to do everything you can for your daughter.

We are a site for adult males, but that doesn't mean we would abandon you, far from it. I'm certain people here will recommend places that are suited to your families needs.

Here's three for a start. The US Gov't site is good, Pandoras Box is excellent and the Canadian site also has some very sensible and clear advice.

Dave

A Service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families,
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

For more information, contact:
National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information
330 C Street, SW
Washington, DC 20447
Phone: (800) 394-3366 or (703) 385-7565
Fax: (703) 385-3206
E-mail: nccanch@caliber.com

http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/pubs/usermanuals/sexabuse/index.cfm

PANdora's Box
The Secrecy of Child Sexual Abuse
Dr. Nancy Faulkner

http://www.prevent-abuse-now.com/index.htm

Central Agencies Sexual Abuse Treatment Program

http://www.casat.on.ca/handindx.htm

#123048 - 01/09/05 08:37 PM Re: Where do we go from here
rjarad Offline

Loc: 3834 yorkland dr. #10
Dave, thank u so much for ur advice i will look into those websites and more but i also want someone to pay for all my greif this case has been a mess from day 1 i hate the family laws i feel they should change some of the laws so that the parents are also heard.

concerned mother

#123049 - 01/09/05 10:57 PM Re: Where do we go from here
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I know nothing of the family laws and other governing guidelines that you have in the US, but I do have a copy of the UK Child Protection document that runs to nearly 100 pages, and would take an army of lawyers to decipher. I don't envy you in your fight, but fight you must.

Keep searching the internet, somewhere someone will have something that will help you.

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.