I can't find what I wanted to type an excerpt from just now, but the book "Trauma & Recovery: the aftermath of violence-from domestic abuse to political terror" by Judith Herman, M.D., is an excellent source on sexual abuse and PTSD as well.

Interestingly it speaks of prisoners of war and how the most effective torture often involves the enemy taking control over the POW's bodily functions. Because one's body is the last thing one wants to surrender, it is very effective to exercise psychological and physical control over the POW's bodily functons, such as hunger, need for voiding, sleep....and I think it goes without saying that sexuality is a bodily function.

For instance, if a person is deprived of all food and the only "food" he is allowed is a dead body beside him, he ends up eating it out of survival, then hating himself for "being a cannibal" even though it was forced upon him and he had to eat for his survival. Even though he should turn that hate around and hate the person who made him do it rather than be disgusted at himself.

I may sound crazy here, but just bear with me. I'm just pondering the "total control" one would have over another if he were to control that person's natural, God-given, biological bodily functions. If a person feels his own body betrayed him, such as sexual arousal, that has to be the worst way to be controlled by another. And probably especially if it took place in the life of a mere child.

Anyway, this book is a huge resource on information about how the mind "handles" or deals w/ trauma, the stages of recovery, etc. It is extremely fascinating. The mind is such a powerful thing and so mysterious. I have learned so much about CSA/SA/trauma from this book.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2