Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (blockade, jq19712, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438098 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#123028 - 12/09/06 09:41 PM frustration prayer
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
With Clenched Fists

When you want to pray, then, the first question is: How do I open my closed hands? Certainly not by violence. Nor by a forced decision. Perhaps you can find your way to prayer by carefully listening to the words the angel spoke to Zechariah, Mary, the shepherds, and the women at the tomb: "Donít be afraid." Donít be afraid of the One who wants to enter your most intimate space and invite you to let go of what you are clinging to so anxiously. Donít be afraid to show the clammy coin which will buy so little anyway. Donít be afraid to offer your hate, bitterness, and disappointment to the One who is love and only love. Even if you know you have little to show, donít be afraid to let it be seen.

Henri Nouwen

This is one way to let go of our crap.

ribbit,
praying froggy12? Never know, do you??

#123029 - 12/10/06 04:17 AM Re: frustration prayer
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
I love this, froggy!

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#123030 - 12/12/06 09:15 AM Re: frustration prayer
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Right on Froggy,

We rob ourselves by not letting love into our lives. We will make this right. We will discontinue our tendency to shut ourselves down to the ones who truly care about us. Its hard, but we know that it only hurts us to shut down to everyone. That allows the damage that our abusers did to us to spread. My perspective, is, if we open up to others, it is out of defiance of those who abused us. They wanted us to isolate ourselves in order to protect them. You open up, that is one more thing that destroys their power over us. Do what you do my friend and be proud. Once again, it takes courage to do that but I'm sure you and the rest of us in the MS forum are no strangers to courage. You have my full support.

Much love,
Jason

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.