Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (bcl092, FuriousMick, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447589 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122848 - 12/01/06 07:51 AM i hate it
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
i know this really doenst belong on the board i am just really fed up with hiv. tomorrow is world aids days and there is all this hooplah and donations for the cause. but it sucks. its not just an excuse for people to feel good about themselves by donating to charity.

im sick of being sick. i went to the doc this morning and i have bronchitis. and i hate it. i hate that have to be concerned for something that is no big deal. but with me, ill be on my ass for weeks. if im lucky i will stay out of the hospital. i just want to be normal.

#122849 - 12/01/06 02:22 PM Re: i hate it
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Jarrad,

I know the bronchitis routine too well. I have COPD (breathing problems) and Typhoid Mary's cousin comes visit me at work frequently, 2 days later I have the plague. Thanks loyal worker.

Anyway, similar to HIV have you read Doonsbury lately, all the MBAs who are Iraq war fans: They donate to the cause but join the military?

a cynical froggy12

#122850 - 12/01/06 09:22 PM Re: i hate it
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Jarrad, I guess they are trying their best to find funds for more HIV research.

It is pandemic in some countries, and it needs to be stamped out, and those who have it need the best treatment available.

I hope you get it,

ste

#122851 - 12/01/06 11:37 PM Re: i hate it
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

it just stupid. i get that its a global thing but to me it seems like there is always campaigns for "AIDS IN AFRICA" and whatever. i get that africa needs it. but what about us here too? we aren't dying on such a massive scale. our villages arent dying out. but thats because we dont have villages. i guess i am just a little jealous because it always make me feel like they are more imporant. like, if you have HIV in the US its a piece of cake. you take your meds and you are fine. its not like that at all. it still fucking kills you.

#122852 - 12/02/06 05:12 AM Re: i hate it
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jarrad,

I really have no super words of wisdom here. I hear you tho, Bro, and I'll offer you a hug if you'll take it.

I'm convinced that the attitude toward HIV/AIDS in the US has been influenced to a large degree by the fundamentalist mindset, which is tragic. I hear you loud and clear, My Friend.

Lots of love,

John

#122853 - 12/02/06 07:40 AM Re: i hate it
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks for the support john.

#122854 - 12/02/06 09:42 PM Re: i hate it
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Jarrad,

You are more than welcome to express your anger and frustration here. It helps to be able to let it all out. I hope you are feeling better.

Recovery is Possible!

Brian

#122855 - 12/03/06 05:43 PM Re: i hate it
Alexander Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Don't we all want to be normal?
But then again what is normal..

Trying to beat leukemia here so maybe I know a little bit what you're going trough - except it's way different then aids of course.

I can understand the goal of the campaigns for aids in africa.. as it is so very bad there, but I can also understand your point of view.
The 'yeah, it's bad there, but what about me?', you mentioned.

Hope we'll be both be okey.

Alexander

But I am screaming underneath

#122856 - 12/11/06 03:39 PM Re: i hate it
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
jarrad and alexandrea,
Having to take on a major illness along with csa recovery is heartbreaking. i am sure it feels unbearable at times. I am sorry that you are going through this. if i could i would give you both a hug and try to find something to help you laugh about. i am not very funny but i would work really hard to find something for you to laugh at. I will send you some joy energy today while i do my meditaion. if you believe in this concept then prepare yourself to recieve. if you don't then maybe i just gave you soemthing to laugh about. light and luv, sis

#122857 - 12/11/06 03:41 PM Re: i hate it
sis Offline

sorry, alexander! oops! sis

#122858 - 12/12/06 09:23 AM Re: i hate it
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Much love!

I get sick of being sick myself. Things in life make me sick but guess that is just a part of life. We get outta bed and fight our issues everyday. They won't stop coming, but, they can't stop us if we believe in who we are and what we are fighting for. Whatever we do, the world is in our hands. Life hurts but we don't have to give up. Not giving up keeps me alive and I'm proud. I bet you can relate!

Much love again,
Jason

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#122859 - 12/13/06 12:34 PM Re: i hate it
sis Offline

one way to lighten the burden of such pain is to see every thing you do as it serves the light and do it as it serves the light. something as simple as taking a shower can serve the light. take special care of your self with soapy mesages and gratitute talks, even when you don't feel like there is anything to be greatful about. these things sooth your soul which in turn serves the light! light and luv, sis

#122861 - 12/15/06 12:27 PM Re: i hate it
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
True, it is not just an excuse for people to donate to charity. But imagine where the reasearch and medical care for it would be if people didn't donate to it?

I am sorry you have it, and that you must deal with it on a daily basis what is only brought to public knowledge one day a year (well, maybe a little more often). It is a shame, but unfortunately, it is true of many illnesses and diseases.

Is there even a 'Child sexual abuse of boys' day each year? It seems all of us have to deal with swept under the rug issues on a regular basis. I'm sorry that you have that in duplicate.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#122862 - 12/16/06 09:21 AM Re: i hate it
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

selene, yep. im taking care of myself. \:\)

#122863 - 12/16/06 08:14 PM Re: i hate it
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Jarrad, if it's any comfort to know, I've got acute bronchitis right now and it's knocked me on my ASS!!! So if you're alive right now and and dealing with both these things you must be stronger than me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.