(Trumpet fanfare!)

SCOT'S PICK O' THE WEEK!

AS SEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD!

"Beyond the Sea" (Movie soundtrack)

Bobby Darin was before my time, but I remember hearing the single "Mack The Knife" when I was but a wee one, and I fell instantly in love with the incomprehensible lyrics (people say that "Louie Louie" is the most garbled lyricwise, but I challenge anyone to fully decipher this song in one sitting) and the smooth voice that made this song immediately hip and cool.

Truthfully, I only know two of Darin's songs, "Mack the Knife" and "Beyond the Sea," but they are monumentally big. Sinatra may be the definitive King of Cool, but Darin is the Crown Prince of Smooth. Anyone who can make an obscure aria from an unknown German operetta swing has to have "it." Now, we have a second biopic coming out about an American musical figure that is not only looking Oscarworthy, but has a bitching soundtrack. Something to listen to while having a martini (a REAL one!), smoking cigars (how very UN-PC! \:D ), and hanging with your poker buddies.

Till next time, have a swinging week!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com