Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447965 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#122755 - 01/06/05 12:18 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Guess it just went over my head. Although I did like the milk bar. LOL

#122756 - 01/06/05 03:06 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
I absolutely loved "A Clockwork Orange". The soundtrack was phenomenal for its day. The Moog synthesizer doing Beethoven was fabulous. Ever since the first "techno" album - "Switched-on Bach", I haved loved the pure tones generated by electronic music.

Not only was it a statment of possible future society, it was also a statement about forced rehabilitation. The main characters total reversal of personality and then the return in a rewind fashion of the prior characters and scenes was thought provoking to say the least!

The worst movies always seem to be the ones the "Movie Critics" love. They ones they pan, I seem to like.

#122757 - 01/06/05 03:59 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Actually I not only got "A Clockwork Orange", but enjoyed it and was straight. Go figure. The worst snoozer of all times in my opinion was a Stanley Kubrick film called "Eyes Wide Open". We actually went to the drive in to see this and everyone in the car fell asleep!
Broken

Arnold Bennet

#122758 - 01/06/05 04:23 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
How about. . . Smokey and the Bandit?

Quote:
Sheriff Brandford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice: The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it!

#122759 - 01/06/05 04:23 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Aden Offline

“From Dusk till Dawn” by Quinton Tarantino with George Cloony and Harvey Keitel. The first 45 minutes are a mildly interesting crime drama with hostages and normal plot. But then it turns into a gyrating, naked, vampire blood feast of extreme and uninterrupted violent gore. I had to stop watching. I felt duped by the devil.

#122760 - 01/06/05 08:38 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Quote:
Originally posted by Roland:
I liked Lost In Translation. It was weird but it was supposed to be, it was supposed to make you feel how uncomfortable it is to have that fish out of water feeling.
I have had that 'fish out of water' feeling far too much, and have been literally 'Lost in translation'. But I still didn't get the movie (although as Andrei pointed out to me while we were watching it, Scarlett Johansen has a nice ass!)

--Very Bad Things - Another good cast wasted on a very unpleasant movie. Wanted to show the horrible things that can happen from one senseless accident and the attempt to cover it up rather than face its consequence. Also was trying to be a funny black comedy. It failed because there were NO characters you could sympathize with. They were ALL jerks!--

Actually, I got some chuckles out of this one. It was very over-the-top (similar to 'Death to Smoochy', another freakish load of crap movie), and yes they were all jerks, even the supposed 'conscience' guys. Was just another movie to make me dislike Cameron Diaz.

If you are accepting foreign films, there was a low-budget movie made in Russia some years ago called 'Parawda' ('Animal'). Supposed to be a sci-fi thriller kind of movie. Was more like a substandard 'B' movie (or, 'Z' movie) from the U.S. in the fifties. Just terrible, all through, but was a cult thing for some people, who would go and see it over and over and become fanatic about it (like your 'Rocky Horror' movie, another one I think that belongs here).

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#122761 - 01/06/05 09:13 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Quote:
Scarlett Johansen has a nice ass!)
Agree \:D

#122762 - 01/08/05 03:47 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
parttimecop Offline

I read the book for Robot Jox, actually not bad. Movie was as you mention a turd pile.

There was one I think made by the same people or at least had similar special effects, well I do not recall the name, but it was on one saturday afternoon. It reminded me of when we were kids playing and would just make up a story to fit what we were playing with. And how the stoy would just kind of grow and grow. Without much realism in plotting.

I think I would hold Hollywood movies to a different standard than say Plan nine from outer space. And some movies are made just to be bad movies. Look at napoleon dynamite, bad bad movie, but still somehow worth watching.

#122763 - 01/13/05 06:14 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm pretty picky about movies in the first place, and steadfastly refuse to see a lot of them based on how crappy they look on the ads. That said, I have been rooked into seeing (or foolishly chosen to see) some truely crappy, crappy movies.

Off the top of my head, some have been mentioned:

-"Plan 9 From Outer Space" has got to be among the worst. It was an enjoyable watch though because my friends and I just laughed and laughed at it.

-"Battlefield Earth" was far less enjoyable because I couldn't even laugh at it. I got conned into watching this by the same friend that forced me to watch "Plan 9" but I got my revenge when I made him watch:

-"The Bimbo Move Bash" This flick was surely straight to video and was truely painful to watch. It reduced two of my friends (including the above mentioned one) to merely stare at the screen in slack-jawed, white faced horror it was so bad.
It appears to have be a couple of college guys who spliced together several bad '80's B movies in some order that seemed mostly random. Occasionally one of the guys would do a voice over to attempt to make something amusing.

-"Howard the Duck" This movie is what I term "Craptacular." That means it is pure crap, but for some reason I absolutly love it. It's still a bad movie though.

Unfortunately this is all I can think of off the top of my head, but if I come up with a few more I'll surely post 'em.

#122764 - 01/14/05 01:07 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I have to agree Howard the Duck UGG

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.