Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#122745 - 12/28/04 10:40 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
OK talk about a movie I didnt get "Clock Work Orange" I hear it's like "The Wall" you need to be in altered state of mind to "get". So guess I'll just keep not getting it.

#122746 - 12/31/04 04:13 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Lost In Translation. This movie was NOT funny, NOT enterataining. IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same goes for RUSHMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#122747 - 01/03/05 05:42 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Still more....

The Crying Game - This was the "must see" movie of its year, complete with the "shocking" plot twist (which WAS truly shocking! Jaye Davidson makes a pretty woman. So does John Lone in "M. Butterfly," but I digress.). The "shocking" plot twist doesn't make up for the fact that this movie was utter dooooooooooooggggggggggs**t! Plodding and boring, which is a pity as it had so many good actors in it.

The English Patient - Same comments above apply here, without the "shocking" plot twist. Just boring. How most people got sucked into the hype is truly beyond me.

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover - I REALLY wanted to like it, as it was a challenging film for the establishment, but it was tastesless and bad, made worse for the truly disgusting ending.

Very Bad Things - Another good cast wasted on a very unpleasant movie. Wanted to show the horrible things that can happen from one senseless accident and the attempt to cover it up rather than face its consequence. Also was trying to be a funny black comedy. It failed because there were NO characters you could sympathize with. They were ALL jerks!

Robot Jox - Bad scifi. Bad special effects. Plain BAD!

Three Days in the Valley - a "Pulp Fiction" clone. Not a shred of originality in it.

Keep on adding your turkeys! We may also have to start adding bad actors as well!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#122748 - 01/03/05 05:54 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Aden Offline

Are we allowed to disagree? I loved "A Clockwork Orange"...Lovely, lovely!

#122749 - 01/03/05 05:59 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I liked Lost In Translation. It was weird but it was supposed to be, it was supposed to make you feel how uncomfortable it is to have that fish out of water feeling.

#122750 - 01/03/05 06:06 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Of COURSE you're allowed to disagree! Everything is relative and each person's taste is different. I just don't think, for the record, that you're going to change anyone else's mind on what they consider to be utter tat and a complete waste of time (or, as I'm wont to say after a bad movie experience, there's two hours of my life I won't ever get back! \:D ).

Also for the record, I loved "Lost in Translation" and found the juxtoposition of brutal images with the great movie musical number "Singin' in the Rain" in "A Clockwork Orange" to be brilliant. Besides, Malcolm McDowell RULES! Yes, he does!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#122751 - 01/05/05 08:54 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
gs Offline

Loc: christchurch
I can't beleive nobody has mentioned the B grade Australian film "Bad boy Bubby". This is truly the sickest and most perverted thing I have ever seen.At a guess I would say the content would highly offend or sicken most people on this site.

Most over the top crap movie would have to be "Torque".The people that made this must have been on acid if they think the special effects were even remotly believable.
Too fast to furious would have to be a very close second to Torque.

#122752 - 01/05/05 11:11 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Pretty much any movie where the cars are "stars" ie, The Fast and The Furious, Too Fast Too Furious, and that sort of film.

The most overhyped movie in recent memory, TITANIC. I was happy when Jack sunk into the sea, he just should have grabbed a handful of Rose's hair and took her sorry butt with him. The movie was about 1 1/2 hours too long. A real snoozer!

Casey

#122753 - 01/05/05 11:22 PM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Quote:
Are we allowed to disagree? I loved "A Clockwork Orange"...Lovely, lovely!
Aden,
By all means. This is what makes us human. I watched it because SO many different people told me how good it was. I just didnt get it. LOL

OK one was really disapointed in...."The Hulk" :rolleyes:

James

#122754 - 01/06/05 12:08 AM Re: Worst movie Hall O' Fame
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
James, A clockwork orange was an excellent stanley kubrick movie, it might be dated, but when you think about it, it was made in the 70's, and meant to predict the future.

It gave a somewhat true picture of the future, a future of drugs, violence, and greed, fast cars, violence agaist the innocent tramp, etc., and vandalism, society basically gone wild, with even a rape scene to add to the gore.

Notice, just how dysfunctional his family are, and how they never knew what went on. How true of today.

So, in the 70's it really is a revelation of what we are today. Did this man have vision? I like to think so.

ste

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.