Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63121 Topics
441410 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122718 - 12/20/04 02:26 AM Blocking phone numbers?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I know about blocking unwanted emails. Do anyone here know about blocking unwanted phone numbers? Or is just I need to call the phone service? I did not know if there is a way on the phone (cell phone) to just block unwanted calls, other then just to not answer them.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#122719 - 12/20/04 03:07 AM Re: Blocking phone numbers?
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
Leosha,

There are a couple of things you can do. As far as blocking unwanted calls on a cellphone, the only thing you can do is to not answer, but you can also call your phone company and tell them you're received harrassing phone calls.

As for your home service, get caller ID and if the caller has no ID when they call, don't answer. Some phone companies have a block service of sorts that makes them identify who they are first and then you have an opportunity to accept the call or to reject it. You can also call the local company to report harassing calls as well.

I hope this helped.

Cheers.

Jimmer

#122720 - 12/20/04 03:13 AM Re: Blocking phone numbers?
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
My local company offers something called "Call Rejection" on my home phone. You dial *60 and then follow the voice you hear. If you dont know the number you want to block then dial *60 right after they call and it will reject the last call that came in. Look in the front of your phone book where it has the list of features and how to use them it will be listed there if yours has it.

James

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.