Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bardo, 3 invisible), 34 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445471 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122708 - 12/17/04 10:41 PM I hate having weekends off
Glen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
It gets really bad on the weekends when I am not working or have to much time on my hands. I know it sounds weird but I enjoy working 60 hrs a week. At least I am too tired to think. Anybody feel the same way? I guess I need to go back to the gym now that its cold outside.

#122709 - 12/18/04 01:43 AM Re: I hate having weekends off
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Hi Glen,

I have felt the same way, holidays and weekends were awful. For years I worked as many hours as possible. I was an ideal employee, always happy to do overtime, in early and leave late. For me it was a way to keep feelings and thoughts at bay, I felt like a hamster in a wheel, running fast and getting nowhere. When I stopped I felt empty and depressed. Looking back I think it was a better way to cope than some I could have chosen.

It started to change for me with therapy etc, I found it easier to face the things I was running from and now I feel like I donít have enough free time.

The gym sounds like a good idea, exercise gives me a lift when I need it.

Rustam

#122710 - 12/18/04 03:29 AM Re: I hate having weekends off
thmbks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Glen,

Same here, I work six days a week and up until about a year ago I held a night job (one which I did not need) Had to keep the mind busy. Everyone thouhgt I was nuts. Get to the gym.

Exercise is my only salvation right now. It works wonders for me.

take care, solo

#122711 - 12/18/04 05:55 AM Re: I hate having weekends off
unknownsoldier Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northwest
I have the same thing Glen, Its hard to switom structured time to large stretches of free time. Friday nights are hard becuase I am tired from the week and for some reson I start getting memories and flashbacks Thur and Fri afternoons, and especially Friday night. If I can keep my momentum up and get through chores and make plans with people, the weekend is okay, but A lot of times I kind of lose it by Sunday and end up sitting around my house. Forcing myself to go to the gym first thing Sat. helps a lot.

Everybody take care of yourselfs this weekend.

I don't know if anyone would be into this, but would it help to check in a few times over the weekend on this thread? Like stating what your plans are for the next few hours to help yourself follow through, or saying what is going on with difficult thoughts or feelings to get support? Just a thought.

#122712 - 12/19/04 08:41 PM Re: I hate having weekends off
thmbks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Unknown,

I'm not quite ready for this much openess. Someday soon I hope.

Thank you for the very generous offer of support for the weekend.So now I'm off to the damm annual x-mas party.

Whishing you guys a good day. Solo

#122713 - 12/19/04 11:57 PM Re: I hate having weekends off
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
It gets really bad on the weekends when I am not working or have to much time on my hands. I know it sounds weird but I enjoy working 60 hrs a week. At least I am too tired to think. Anybody feel the same way? I guess I need to go back to the gym now that its cold outside.
I fully understand. I used to work in the 80-110 hours per week range. It was a nice way to keep the mind occupied elsewhere. aka avoidance. out of mind, not a problem.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.