Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
4 registered (Sojourn Survivor, woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63857 Topics
445886 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#122577 - 12/17/04 09:39 PM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Hi guys,
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents here. I run a diabetic board and belong to a few others as well. I have found over the years that we have many lurkers. Some people just can't bring themselves to write, but in many cases just reading the stories that are shared is a form of therapy. It's not just about SA it's about anything that people consider to be private. Many people consider a chronic disease like diabetes to be private and they cannot write about it either. Trust me, I cried for 2 weeks when I found out I had diabetes. Now by sharing my stories I have had many people write me in private and thank me for sharing. The same is true here. Many people will read and many will be helped, many more than we will ever know about. Some people are just not able to share. That's okay too, because they need this place at least as much as the rest of us! JMHO.
Broken

Arnold Bennet

#122578 - 12/17/04 10:31 PM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I haven't been posting simply bec. my relationship with my friend is in a place now where we are both acting more predictable: I have a lot fewer questions that need to be answered than I did a year ago. Because of all the incredibly honest, open, generous people here, I am much much more able to take all in stride & concentrate on my friend's wonderful qualities instead of feeling so shut out when he needs to take time to heal.

I do keep myself informed by reading entries that seem relevant to my own circumstances AND I also PM a lot bec. I don't post on the Guys' forum.

Here's another question: are we keeping track of the membership dues? I suddenly realized we are almost at the very end of the year & isn't it time for me to renew????

#122579 - 12/19/04 11:46 PM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Hello Kolisha, it's always good to see you here.

#122580 - 12/20/04 12:36 AM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
Michael Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Claremore, Oklahoma
I have been here since I started therapy, but it takes a long time to feel comfortable enough to actually post. Once you start though, the flood gates will open with most people.

This site has been a Godsend with me but even more so for my wife.

Thanks guys for all the help this site has given!!!

#122581 - 12/21/04 06:03 PM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Yeah, those first posts are the scariest! Boy I was so nervous! Now look at me, you canít get me to stop! :rolleyes:

#122582 - 12/24/04 04:31 AM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
26 more brave soul have joined the ranks in just the last 10 days.

#122583 - 12/24/04 12:49 PM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been here most a year, I think in January, and I do not have so many posts. I do try to read things here, I do not read every post, because I have hard time to read, and harder time to read in English still, so it takes me longer time. And to respond, lot times I do not think I can say anything good that other people, they will say it better then me. It takes longer time to respond, to think the right words. And still, some things, they are hard for me to 'talk on' here, but is better for me to do it with just one person instead. This is good place, maybe it is just people use it different ways?

andrei

#122584 - 01/01/05 05:25 PM Re: By the numbers....a loss for us all
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
Another 21 joined up in 8 days!
Wow, that's Great. Thanks for coming & welcome.
Sorry you needed to, of course, but glad you found us.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.