Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (aniceguy, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444102 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#12244 - 01/17/04 12:44 PM I said I wouldn't do this but...
survive75 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Due to the fact that this topic gets me so angry, I promised that I wouldn't post on it again. I lied. I can't help it with all of the crap we are being handed in the media regarding Michael Jackson. There are a few posts here about it (how can any of us here look away really?) The thing that got me, besides the throngs of supporters stating their opinion on his innocence, was that he had them all back to Neverland for a fun-filled afternoon!

So, after reading a post today on the subject, I thought I'd take a look online to see if I could find something about how this is wrong to do to the victim, etc. In the first three pages of a Google search, I did not find ONE article, website, forum - ANYTHING - stating that what Michael, the courts, and the media are doing is wrong and revictimizing the child. I found lots of things supporting him:
"I Believe in Michael Jackson"
"Is Michael Jackson Guilty?"
"The Conspiracy Against Michael Jackson?"
"Was Michael Jackson Framed?"

Doesn't it stand to reason that if it was a conspiracy, he would have been in prison already? Doesn't it make more sense that he is a very powerful person with lots of money who is using his status to thwart the system... now for the second time?

My first (rational) thought (as opposed to the angry rage I feel) is that a lot of these supporters are in denial. They've actually done studies where women on a jury for a rape trial are more likely to not believe the woman than male jurors BECAUSE THEY SEE THEMSELVES AND THEIR VULNERABILITY IN THE WOMAN AND DON'T WANT TO ADMIT THAT RAPE COULD HAPPEN TO THEM. So they refuse to believe the victim. Is that what is happening on a societal level? I saw it happen up here in Boston with all of the fucking parishioners glorifying these priests and villifying the victims out of their own denial. Is society as a whole so threatened to admit that child sexual abuse happens that they go out of their way to dismiss it altogether? Or is it that sexual abuse and exploitation of children is so common that they are all having a reaction similar to the rape trial situation I described... if they admit it happened to this boy, then they'll have to admit that it happened or could happen to themselves or their own children? Or is it just our morbid fascination with celebrity scandal?

The thing that gets me is this country outraged over consensual sex between Clinton and Lewinsky, but won't give a fucking 14 year old boy with a terminal illness the benefit of the doubt?

ARGGGGHHHHH! Sorry for the rant all. Rage on.

-Sean

"Even though I know/I donít want to know/Yeah I guess I know/I just hate how it sounds"

#12245 - 01/18/04 07:43 PM Re: I said I wouldn't do this but...
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey Sean - I'm as pissed as you are about that Micheal Jackson issue especially after he made child sexual abuse allegations into a circus atmosphere and went home to celebrate!!!!!!!!!

See my post - "Not new but P-R-O-V-O-K-I-N-G".

Are we a world of headless bodies whose emotiions and morals are all screwed up?

Howard

#12246 - 01/19/04 08:55 AM Re: I said I wouldn't do this but...
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
Justice in America is a sham. It isnít matter of right, it is a matter of how much justice can you afford. Iím sure heíll end up throwing money and a smile around, dupe the public, and get off, just as so many others have. Itís a real shame, but there is little justice in the world for molested children.

#12247 - 01/19/04 09:46 AM Re: I said I wouldn't do this but...
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
It is extremely sad and all I can say is that at the end of the day, he is found guilty. But I'm afraid that his money will rule the justice system. I'm not watching much of it on TV because it just makes me sick!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#12248 - 01/19/04 08:55 PM Re: I said I wouldn't do this but...
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
I can't watch this crap on TV! Yes, it's the best justice money can buy! MJ's public statements are outragious. How can anyone think that what he's publicly admitted that he's done is acceptable in any circumstance. It seems that there are separate and definitely un-equal administration of justice. Put him in jail awaiting trial, no bail. Treat him just like anyone else in the system.

End of rant.

Steve

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.