Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63790 Topics
445472 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122333 - 11/07/06 12:28 PM this may be - a big idea - and confronting but
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
americans compared to the canadians i saw

are a lot... heavier...

now i had some weight from depression before going up - but once there - i lost it - really fast -

and now back down here - the weight is coming back

...?

i have found my day to day life - here - though challenging and 'growthful' - siginicantly less satisfying than up there -

so much beauty and kindness -

and relating - there -

it's really like being on a hamster wheel - no time for anything -

?

it's not so fun -

when americans had more of their older culture - they weren't so heavy -

now look at this place???

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122334 - 11/07/06 02:55 PM Re: this may be - a big idea - and confronting but
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Now people just sit all the time, sit in their cars going someplace instead of walking as they do a lot in Europe, sit in their offices, at their computers, at tv, etc. In Europe they walk so much because the gas is so darn expensive and the streets are narrow and they have the subway systems and trains. And though they do have tempting bakeries, people most of the time walk there and walk some more while they eat, and there is lots of beautiful scenery to bike or hike to. I think there is more active socializing there too in a way, not just email, they have cool cafes to meet at for coffee/tea, they take breaks during the work day and close the shops for a siesta or tea or whatever. They take lots more vacation time off than we can and they enjoy 4-hour long meals at home every now and then (I can personally attest to this since my husband is from Europe!)

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#122335 - 11/08/06 05:22 PM Re: this may be - a big idea - and confronting but
Alexander Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
O well, also in Europe people get heavier and heavier.

It's true though, that it is more normal to use your bycicle or walk somewhere where in usa they would take their car.

But why is that? Holland is only very small, most things you need like shops, the city center, school, even often your job, etc, are withing walking/bycicle distance. Also Holland is flat so perfect for bycicles.

While in the usa much more often it is just to far to walk/bike somewhere.

Btw they only have long lunchbreaks and 4 hours meals in the southern countries, like spain and Italy.

Also because everything is reachable by either train/bus, bike/walking, it is not common for people that study, or just started working to have a car.

But again, also in Europe people get more fat as well.

Alexander.

But I am screaming underneath

#122336 - 11/08/06 07:14 PM Re: this may be - a big idea - and confronting but
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
it is sad to hear that.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122337 - 11/08/06 07:48 PM Re: this may be - a big idea - and confronting but
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
In Russia, people are not heavy because of fat, cars, TV or anything relating to the USA, Canada, or Europe.

In Russia people are poor, they move by their legs, by public transport (the metro, busses, etc.), and these people are not fat because they don't have an opportunity to eat a lot, but they are angry and afraid of the future.

Yes, people fear the future in Russia, and they fear the present moment as well. They are heavy in this respect. However, I know a lot of people who are light spirits.

These poeple are not heavy at all, and they are deep thinkers. They are not afraid, and they welcome challenge - because they can eat well and use cars sometimes. lol

\:\) Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#122338 - 11/09/06 02:03 PM Re: this may be - a big idea - and confronting but
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

in the us the children are getting fat so they become fat adults ,in a way the govt. is at fault because people on public assistence eat better than those who work .

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.