Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (VASurvivor, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443370 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122327 - 12/03/04 09:56 AM MS Poem Book
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
I had this idea after reading some more poetry on the forum. I thought, why not have an MS book of poetry? There are so many poems on the forum that people have written that I think a lot of people could relate to, even outside of the MS community as well. I have discussed this with one of the moderators and he thought it was a great idea.

The benefits of it would be that we could have all the proceeds from the book go to both MS and to help raise awareness about SA. Also, it would give us all something positive to focus on, from a crummy situation to say the least.

I was also thinking, if there are any people that are into taking photographs or drawing etc...that we could include some of that with the book as well, maybe to match some of the poems, or maybe even a collage or something.

Of course all poems and work have to be origninal work, and I also thought it would be a good idea to allow people anonymity when submitting a poem or picture etc... If you wish to have your name in it, then that would be great, if you want your initials or a nickname, or just "anonomous" I like that idea as well in order to protect those who submit.

Anyways, let me know what you all think, or if anyone can think of any other things that maybe we could add to it. Right now the main thing is to see if there is any interest, and if anyone would be willing to participate here.

Thanks much,
Jon

#122328 - 12/03/04 10:42 AM Re: MS Poem Book
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jon,

WOW!!!

GREAT IDEA. LET US KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP.

GOOD LUCK.

DAVID

#122329 - 12/03/04 11:41 AM Re: MS Poem Book
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
I would gladly add the things I have posted for this.

James

#122330 - 12/04/04 03:58 AM Re: MS Poem Book
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Awesome idea. I would be proud to have my words in a book supporting this site.

CAsey

#122331 - 12/04/04 12:03 PM Re: MS Poem Book
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Thank you all for the support! This may take a while to get off the ground, but anyone that is interested in helping out in whatever way, please send me a PM. I would really like to get the ball rolling on this. Just the fact that people have responded positevly has helped me out a lot personally. I would like for those interested to send in poetry submissions to me. You can contact me through PM.

I just want to say that I cannot do this myself, it will for sure take a team of people, and the entire MS community, to work on it. There are a lot of poems to read through, a lot of work to be done, and I think that it is a very positive thing to focus on, so if you are even just a little bit interested in helping out in whatever way you can, please either contact through pm.

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." Helen Keller

Thanks again,

Jon

#122332 - 12/05/04 09:14 AM Re: MS Poem Book
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Any of the poems I have submitted here in the past may be used. I would prefer no name used though.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.