Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (SJC, cant_remember, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122315 - 12/02/04 06:01 PM Sabatical
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
My brothers/friends and sisters at MaleSurvivor.
I just want to let you know that I have not dissappeared forever. I am taking a leave of abscense as a Moderator and am going to spend some quality time with my wife Nicole to sort of recharge my batteries and have a bit of fun getting to really know her again.

I want each and everyone of you , recently arrived and been here a while to look after yourselves while I am away.

AND A BIT OF ADVICE. THE THING WE HAVE TO WATCH FOR MOST OF ALL IS THE FEELING OF WORTHLESSNESS AND HOPELESSNESS AT ALL OF THIS SHIT WE FACE. WHEN WE DO THAT WE BEGIN THAT DOWNWARD SPIRAL TO..... WELL WE ALL KNOW ABOUT ACTING OUT ETC ETC. THING IS WE ALL HAVE WORTH AND BECAUSE WE ARE HERE WE KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE AND ARE NOT FREAKS. WE ARE ALL STRIVING TO LIVE LIFE THE WAY WE WERE MEANT TO.
SO MY FELLOW TRAVELLERS PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE AN ACTION PLAN IF YOU FEEL THAT DOWNWARD SPIRAL START. I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS OR WHO IT IS WITH BUT AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

THERE ARE MANY HERE WHO HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE AT ROCK BOTTOM BUT THEY ARE NOT. THEY CONTINUE TO BE UPBEAT IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING GOING ON AROUND THEM. YOU ALL KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

TO MY FRIENDS THAT KNOW ME AND HAVE MY PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM A PHONE CALL OR EMAIL AWAY.

I LOVE YOU ALL AS BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND I WILL BE BACK.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#122316 - 12/02/04 06:12 PM Re: Sabatical
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
be well brother

take good care - i will think about you a lot -

mark

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122318 - 12/03/04 12:11 AM Re: Sabatical
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Mike,
Enjoy your time with a wonderful family.
\:\)

#122319 - 12/03/04 12:24 AM Re: Sabatical
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mikey, hey you give so much support, you deserve some peace, re-charge your batteries, yes, guess I know what you mean. Don't we all.

I hope we can all find the peace and understanding in knowing it was never our fault, and that we will become the strong ones', the ones' who made it above adversity.

Not blaming ourselves is indeed the biggest hurdle we all face, but if we get this far, then surely there is no greater hurdle ahead.

I wish you well in your absense, but hope you can be with us through Christmas and New Year when we really need to help those in need.

I would just like to say, thanks for being there, God has a place for you, a special place where abused kids can play with all the energy and abandon we were denied, snow ball fights, and all the other games that we really missed out on.

A place where hurt is replaced by the childhood we so sorely missed out on, a place of feeling secure instead of feeling so frightened and hurt.

It's only a dream, but surely it is possible.

It was meant.

Enjoy your holiday,

I wish you a happy Christmas and a GRReaaTTT NEW YEAR, and to all, bet I can beat you at a snowball fight, ;\)

ste

#122320 - 12/03/04 05:54 PM Re: Sabatical
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Mike,

"Always will I be here for you, as you have always been here for me."

I don't know who said it first, but it most certainly applies.

I'll be here, bro, and I love you.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#122321 - 12/05/04 09:50 AM Re: Sabatical
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Recharging is not allowed! ;\)

Enjoy your time with your family and your wife. They deserve the goodness of you too. Your words and wisdom will be missed around here, but we'll survive. It's what we do best, isn't it? ;\)

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.