Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
4 registered (sentry, Cam76, 2 invisible), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437999 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122311 - 12/02/04 04:01 PM Birthday lesson from a movie
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
This will sound more maudlin (thanks to David/Ivanhoe for bringing this word back to my vocabulary! \:D ) than intended, but with a birthday just passed, I thought I'd share it with you.

The American Film Institute (AFI) is collecting a list of the most important lines in movie history, and while reflecting on the things I've seen happen during the course of my life (does ANYONE else remember Nixon, Trudeau, and Thatcher? ), I kepts coming back to my favorite movie soliloquey from "Blade Runner." I now share it, and hope you see the beauty, as well as the pathos, in it.

"I've seen things you people can never imagine. Attack ships on fire, off Orion's shoulder. I've seen C-beams glitter in the light of Saturn's rings. All these things will be lost, in time. Like tears in the rain."

I'm trying to enjoy the little things more now. I've got a ration of crap, real-life and abuse-related, to deal with, but things will vanish in the course of time, and I want to smile at them before they're gone.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#122312 - 12/02/04 08:54 PM Re: Birthday lesson from a movie
Mr. Malaise Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
I remember that line. Rutger Hower spoke it as he was dying (shuting down?) in the rain. It was touch the first time I heard it and I never forgot it. I think everyone here has seen things most people can't imagine.

John

#122313 - 12/06/04 06:21 PM Re: Birthday lesson from a movie
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I have not seen the movie, but I think that line could 'touch' lot of people differently. There is a line, in a song I like by sting, that says 'it was many years ago I became what I am'. The context he uses it in, I know it is much different then what it brings to my mind when I hear it.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.