Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (1islandboy, kcinohio, 4 invisible), 65 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62497 Topics
438047 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122245 - 11/04/06 02:12 PM kind of cute - jones convention
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
Joneses break world record in Wales
Last Updated: Friday, November 3, 2006 | 11:42 PM ET
CBC News
Keeping up with the Joneses acquired a whole new meaning on Friday night. It now means trying to break the world record for the largest gathering of people with the same last name.

More than 1,220 people whose last name is Jones converged on Cardiff, Wales, to break the record. Jones is said to be the most common surname in Wales, but many came from as far away as Canada, Australia and the United States.

Hotel operators in Cardiff reportedly had to distinguish people by their first names or the province or state they were from.

The event on Friday, held at the Wales Millennium Centre, was simply called "Jones, Jones, Jones."

Singers Grace Jones, Dame Gwyneth Jones and Gwyn Hughes Jones performed for their namesakes.

Welsh singer Tom Jones born Thomas Woodward sent a special message to those who gathered.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122246 - 11/05/06 08:16 PM Re: kind of cute - jones convention
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
wow what happens when the smiths get together

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.