Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (TMC, royjay, I Want 2 Thrive, Mike Boyd, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438366 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122241 - 11/27/04 08:10 PM Re: A call to action
shortstop Offline

Loc: USA
Wow, you really have a way with words, socal. And it shows a lot of passion.

Too new to this whole thing to really be able to such much more about this. Just seeing the number of guys here staggers me.

ss

#122242 - 11/28/04 02:36 AM Re: A call to action
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Well then lets get at it. I think that we need to contact every goddamned politician that we know and some we dont.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#122243 - 11/30/04 04:17 PM Re: A call to action
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
My sister said something to me the other day that relates to this.

I was bemoaning the fact that, for right now, male survivors of rape and sexual assault get very little in the way of resources. She said that it was because we couldn't get past the whole issue of masculinity and shout out "YES, WE'RE HERE, WE'RE HURT, AND WE AREN'T GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

To anyone in the "Brains-trust" who's listening; yep, being quiet doesn't work. We need to get up off our collective @$$e$ and DO something. We CANNOT afford to ask politely anymore.

I take a look at groups like "ACT UP" and say to myself, "God, these guys are JERKS!" But they get noticed. And results.

Guys, I think Marc's right here. I for one am tired of being all grateful, like dogs underneath the table, everytime society "DEIGNS" us "worthy" of a few scraps. It's beneath out dignity.

The Catholic Church doesn't get it. Our politicians NEVER WILL get it, and our friends and neighbors will never understand until we show them, belligerently, how big this Goddamn problem is.

Marc, where do I sign frigging up?

MS admins, officers, and policymakers, it ain't working and it's time to get in their face. Let's stop bitching about what's not working and get in their frigging faces!

It MUST be done! Time to bust some heads!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#122244 - 12/01/04 05:20 PM Re: A call to action
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Marc,

Your enthusiasm is tremendous! Plus you have a real gift for expressing it in a very motivational way.

You are right that there is an incredible amount of good that each of us can accomplish. And that good increases exponentially when we work together.

It is always amazing to me how the hurt and sadness we have been subjected to can be transformed into love, compassion and action for the good of ourselves and our fellows.

That's a real miracle. Thanks for reminding me of that today.

Regards,

Danny

-Tony Joe White

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.