Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (BraveFalcon), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122230 - 11/03/06 04:02 AM Broadway bound
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I'm so excited. Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to the city to see Mary Poppins. First though we're going to Top of the Rock on the 70th floor of 30 Rockafeller Plaza. It's a relatively new observatory that sounds incredible. Then we have dinner at the Rock Cafe right at the skating rink level. It should be a great day.

And then..

Next Sunday my b/f and I are going to see Spamalot on broadway. It will be hilarious, I just know it!

ROCK ON.........Trish

#122231 - 11/03/06 04:40 AM Re: Broadway bound
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
Mary Poppins is great. She flies over the frickin balcony! Perfect show to see with a daughter...or son, for that matter, but perfect for kids of all ages. Spamalot is hysterical.
Sorry, sound like a theater critic, but it is one of the best things of living near the city.
have a great time.
Paul

#122232 - 11/03/06 11:26 AM Re: Broadway bound
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
sound so neat trish - i love this -

thanks for your post.

mark

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122233 - 11/03/06 11:53 AM Re: Broadway bound
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

enjoy steve

#122234 - 11/03/06 04:13 PM Re: Broadway bound
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Paul, the reviews are always welcome, especially when they're good. Now I'm even more excited. Just a few more hours and we're off.

Mark and Steve, thanks for the well wishes.

Right now, I'm going to take a record breaking shower. I had to do patch allergy testing this week so it's been nothing but modified showers all week. Now I'm going to use every drop of hot water in the house! \:D

I really don't know which event makes me happier.

BTW, I just got back from the Dr. who tells me I'm allergic to nothing, but I already knew that.

ROCK ON......Trish

#122235 - 11/04/06 05:50 AM Re: Broadway bound
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

Hope you and Daughter had a great time.

All my best,

John

#122236 - 11/04/06 06:31 AM Re: Broadway bound
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Mary Poppins Rules!!!!!!!!!

g'nite

ROCK ON.......Trish

#122237 - 11/04/06 07:02 PM Re: Broadway bound
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Trish,

What a wonderful trip with your daughter. It sounds like you are both having an amazing time. Definitely the stuff that memories are made of!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#122238 - 11/06/06 04:11 PM Re: Broadway bound
TX_Space Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Dang!
I was too late getting back to this! I was gonna remind you to pick-up an extra Playbill for my daughter! She is still begging to go to NYC over the winter holidays to see Mary Poppins and Wicked. I don't know, maybe that will be her Christmas gift! \:\)

Glad to know it MP ROCKS! I've decided that Disney can do just about anything...even if it does mean the "disneyfication" of theater! Every Disney broadway show I've seen...they honestly create theater magic!! That's what it's all about!! And, if Mary Poppins flies over the balcony...WHOA!! Can't wait to experience THAT!! \:\)

Thanks for sharing and glad you had a good time! I haven't seen it yet...but Spam-a-lot is supposed to be GREAT! We have a young friend who now attends school at Marymount (sp?) Manhattan...I think she hangs out with some cast members from Spamalot...and I think she's seen the show at least 15 times or something.

tx_space

#122239 - 11/06/06 05:44 PM Re: Broadway bound
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

TX,

I didn't forget you. pm me with an address and I will gladly send you a playbill. I can't say enough wonderful things about the show. From the moment the curtain came up, my daughter and I had smiles plastered on our faces. At the end, when Mary flew up to the balcony, I actually started to cry because I was so happy. The joy I felt throughout the whole show was incredible. I was downright giddy! \:D

I would see it again tonight, tomorrow night, etc., etc. Obviously, I recommend it to anyone planning a trip to NYC.

ROCK ON.....Trish

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.