Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122223 - 11/25/04 10:12 PM Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
Mark Crawford Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
SNAP, The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests are sponsoring a candle light vigil to honor ALL victims of sexual abuse.

PLEASE JOIN US!

Where: At the Basilica Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Newark, New Jersey
89 Ridge Street.

When 8:00 PM Saturday December 4th.

Anyone with question or more info please contact Gregg Gianforcaro at 908-859-2200 Monday thru Friday from 8:00 to 5:00.

We expect a large turnout and would like to show that survivors do and will come together. Please join us, friends and family are welcome as well and together we can speak with an even greater voice! Again, please join us and help spread the word.

Thanks, Mark

#122224 - 11/25/04 10:58 PM Re: Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mark,

I hope you get a real good turnout, I can't be there as I live in the UK, so please remember all that cannot be there.

I will light a candle and be with you in spirit for all the little ones who are out there in grief, sorrow and pain. And for the survivors throughout the World also suffering in silence.

Let us know what the turnout is like, I hope you get a huge response,

ste

#122225 - 12/06/04 06:13 PM Re: Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Mark,

I hope that you had a good 'turnout' for the event. Thank you for letting us know of it.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#122226 - 12/07/04 02:04 AM Re: Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I hope it went well and had a great turn out.

#122227 - 12/07/04 04:07 AM Re: Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think that it would be good if this were a coordinated National event. Maybe it could be in every large city, small for that matter, too, and make a larger showing, world wide. Ya, I'm thinking about our international brotherhood.
Just a thought.

David

#122228 - 12/08/04 10:08 PM Re: Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
Mark Crawford Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Hello all, sorry for the delayed response but I thought this thread was simply closed. I had no idea it was moved.

Yes it went well and we had people from Massa chusettes, Connecticut, New York, and of course NJ, about 80 people. This was all set up and done in less than 2 weeks so we didn't have much time to get the word out. The Archbishop arrived home from where ever he was and of course did not come out to say "hello"....no surprise there.

David, yes I am planning one on a much larger scale and I will be putting that out there when we know more but I really hope people will come from all over this country to speak with one united voice on behalf of all those who cannot speak and for all survivors.

Thanks for all the well wishes...Mark

#122229 - 12/09/04 12:21 AM Re: Candle light Vigil to honor Survivors
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mark, it is sad that we have to wait until Christmas to put the message out, the message should be there as a constant reminder of abuse that kids go through.

The only time when peace and goodwill suffice for what should be our daily life, empathy and feeling for others. When we show empathy and understanding of others, is this not the turning point in our lives?

I was a kid who would help anybody, I am now re-discovering him and helping him through the hurt.

Let us get a Worldwide acceptance that there are so many kids out there crying in silence through CSA, an awareness is what is needed, but not just for Christmas, I cry for these kids every Christmas.

It is a time of sorrow for these kids, and the one's who suffer the afteremath of the events, but it is offset by the joy of the kids I meet who really are looked after.

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.