Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122192 - 11/19/04 12:33 PM helpful vitamins for me .....
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
hey - i finally decided to get into a regimen to help me heal - with vitamins too -

the vitamins are fish oil "omega 3" capsules - i take them religiously two a day -

and i have to say that since taking them - i have felt great! - they are super for mental salubriety (big word = health)

anyway i have felt pretty good for the weeks following using them - and i continue to use them - they make your burps taste weird sometimes but just eat something so that you don't just have that tast in you stomach -

ALSO - taking Hawthorn Berry Extract - which is better for heart health - but the combination seems to have been helpful -

anyway - fyi -

MarkGreyBlue

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122193 - 11/19/04 03:58 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
MGB I take them too. But dont forget the veggies, fruits and legumes and lots of fibre too. Stay away from transfats and above all eggs. The Dean of Stroke Doctors in Canada told my wife that egg yolks are the single most dangerous ingrediant in the formation of plaque in the arteries or veins. Combining all of the above with exercise can do wonders for self image.

Our body comes with a lifetime guarantee. Thing is we dont know how long in years that is. So we must do what we can to make it as long and pleasurable as possible.

\:D

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#122194 - 11/19/04 04:06 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
L-Glutimine gets rid of alcohol cravings... worked like magic when I stopped drinking six years ago.

#122195 - 11/19/04 04:15 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
thanks Mike - i do eat now only Egg whites
- and don't eat much fat -
and

thanks Roland - for the l glutamine idea -

Mark

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#122196 - 11/19/04 09:51 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
There is an antioxidant supplement that I really like called Commando 2000. I know that is an odd name but it really works. Especially weird because nothing else in the Natures Plus line has anything like that name.

#122197 - 12/06/04 06:29 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Sounds like an interesting list of things we should and shouldn't put into our bodies! I know another thing for me is Echinacea, to try to avoid the illness I got into earlier this year (I guess it's to late when you are already sick!)

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#122198 - 12/06/04 07:17 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Is ice cream a member of the vitamin group?

I take it religiously.

Seems to make me grow bigger, especially around the middle.

;\)

Just teasing a bit, of course,

-Tony Joe White

#122199 - 12/06/04 07:24 PM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Danny,

I think my girlfriend believes in the strong, healing power of Ben and Jerry! Those two are amazing! ;\)

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#122200 - 12/07/04 05:03 AM Re: helpful vitamins for me .....
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Taking vitamins and supplements is a popular way to help heal the body and replenish diminished capacity.

I was not able to begin to acknowledge the facts of the sexual abuse in my life until I first quit drinking alcoholically.

I had been a very heavy drinker for over 20 years and when I was finally able to quit and stay quit, I was told to immediately start taking vitamins as a way to help repair some of the damage I had done by my drinking.

I followed the instructions and began taking them, was very faithful to them and actually did recover physically pretty quickly.

I just took one multi vitamin a day. I also quit smoking eventually.

After being dry from alcohol for more than 3 years and while trying to recover emotionally and spiritually from the effects of the alcoholism, I was suddenly made aware of the true nature of the abuse that had happened to me.

It took me a few years later to get to MaleSurvivor and actually hear from and write to other male survivors of sexual abuse.

I guess now I think of the men I've met here as a sort of vitamin for me.

I think too I should start taking my multivitamins again, but I take about 7 pills a day, mainly anti depressants, and so am kind of burned out of swallowing pills.

But I know they did help me quite a bit, and so I do appreciate the reminder MGB.

Thanks,

-Tony Joe White

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.