Newest Members
R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6, Johnnygolightly, Stormchaser
12318 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
6 registered (Ocellaris, 96789594, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443117 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#122094 - 11/24/06 09:23 PM Log in problems in chat room
James73 Offline

Loc: UK
I have tried logging in to chat, and it does not seem to be accepting my password and/or username...I thought I had forgotten it, so I looked at the email i was sent when i joined and after copying and pasting the password, it would still not log me in.

HELP!!

#122095 - 11/25/06 06:11 AM Re: Log in problems in chat room
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

James,

There have been some changes in the chat room over the last little while. Some of the old login and usernames don't work with the current version. Try sending Nathan aka cyberchild a PM (private message) regarding this. I think you can find instructions on how to do this on the main chat login page. He should be able to help you out.

Lots of love,

John

#122096 - 11/25/06 07:22 AM Re: Log in problems in chat room
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
i sent an email to the chat mods a couple of days ago about that. no one new can log in. i havnt gotten a response back but if/when i do i will let you know. it wouldnt hurt for you to email as well.. power in numbers.
\:\)

#122097 - 11/25/06 04:33 PM Re: Log in problems in chat room
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
You don't so much have to worry about power in numbers here. You have to remember these guys are doing what they can in their spare time when they're not at their full time jobs.

However, that doesn't mean you should sit and wait too long if you don't get a satisfactory response! It's easy for us survivors to feel like we're being ignored when its actually an innocent mistake or if things are backed up. If you don't hear from him, you should prod Nathan again (keeping in mind he gets HUNDREDS of emails and pm's a day) and then you should always feel free to try a mod or me at ANY time. I have no problem getting the scoop as to what's going on.

This website is Nathan's passion and frankly I'm surprised we haven't burned him out yet, but I assure you he works on every technical issue as though it were happening to him as a survivor.

If you've pointed it out to him once then I'm sure he's on it.

You guys rock, and we're here for you.

Cheers!

#122098 - 11/25/06 05:10 PM Re: Log in problems in chat room
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hmmmm,

Unsure as to the real reason behind why the chatroom would not let you log in. I check out the server over the last couple of days and everything seems ok. Sometimes the chatroom login server reset's and it can take awhile for it to auth a user. Usually the problem goes away within an hour or so.

I am sorry about not responding to this thread sooner. Always email me at cyberchild@malesurvivor.org if you have any techie problems. I try to respond but I stay busy it seems these days. I usually look at the problem and work on it before I respond to an emails or in this case threads. Do know that I will always do my best to solve techie problems for you guys.

lots of love, Nathan

#122099 - 11/25/06 06:32 PM Re: Log in problems in chat room
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
I was able to log on but as I was having no trouble the person there pointed out there was no place to create a new accout.

I emailed Nathan just in case he didn't catch it either.

Cheers!

#122100 - 11/25/06 06:32 PM Re: Log in problems in chat room
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
its the "create a new account" button that is missing. there are technically two accounts for this site. one for the board and for the chat. you need to have two passwords. you cant get the other password unless you create a new account. but thats MIA.
\:\)
j

#122101 - 11/26/06 07:24 PM Re: Log in problems in chat room
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

The other problem could "possibly" be that James registered for chat under the "beta" software program and that login info is not good for the chatroom we are currently using?

Just a thought, right or wrong.

John

#122102 - 11/26/06 07:59 PM Re: Log in problems in chat room
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
got an email from Nathan... he's on it.

thanks Gang!

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.