Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, TJ jeff, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122001 - 08/04/06 04:07 AM Chat problem
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I do not know if this been told before already, because I have not been in chat so much since it went to new kind. But tonight, there was big problem in chat when I come in (I think it was like 10:30 pm eastern). No one could stay connected more then 30 or 45 seconds at the time, names keep 'bounce' in and out, and was very difficult to keep any conversation happening. Other persons say it been happening before I get into there, and it is been happening other days also. I know this is new program, so just I want to make sure people know of the problem, to try to fix it. Thank you to listen to all us.

ANdrei

#122002 - 08/04/06 04:26 AM Re: Chat problem
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Happens to me too. I just don't go in there any more.

- Mel Brooks

#122003 - 08/04/06 07:47 AM Re: Chat problem
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sounds familiar Andrei. It happened to me the last time I was there also.

I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually.

John

#122004 - 08/04/06 09:31 AM Re: Chat problem
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Apart from this I'd like to say, in case feedback is wanted, that I find the new chat room much inferior visually to what we had in the past. I don't know how to put it really, but it just doesn't invite people to come and stay and talk. What you "see" in front of you on the screen looks like something from 20 years ago.

The new features, such as being able to see who was in chat 3 or 4 hours ago, strike me as inconsequential.

Like Nobby, I would have to say that the new software actually discourages me from participating.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#122005 - 08/04/06 01:54 PM Re: Chat problem
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
I agree. The other thing I didn't like is I have gone there when no one was there and I could read what the previous conversations were. I have met people there before (just the 2 of us) where we have had private conversations. It was nice to know that when someone might come along during our converstaion that they would not know what we had just discussed. Now I don't feel that when I need to discuss something frankly with someone I feel comfortable with that I can do it in chat with any privacy.

Dale

#122006 - 08/04/06 01:55 PM Re: Chat problem
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
All,

Thank you for the feedback. Please continue to provide constructive comments like these. As long as there are actionable items they can be addressed.

The BoD is aware that there are some issues and feedback such as this helps.

Thank you for your patience and I would expect some type of "official" announcement from the BoD to help clarify and set expectations for us all.

Regards,

Paul

#122007 - 08/04/06 02:25 PM Re: Chat problem
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Paul,

Are you on the BoD now? It sounds like you are speaking for the Board. No problem and congrats if you are. I'm just curious.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#122008 - 08/04/06 05:13 PM Re: Chat problem
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Another thing. It was suggested last night that the change was because of cost. Several of us in there last night said that we would be willing to help with the cost of chat if there was a better program, like the one we had before. I agree, it is not so welcoming. I agree with Dale, it is not as private if I can read what persons talked of 20 hours ago. That is not necessary, and it discourage some persons from going into there. And when it is as last night, where names keep bouncing in and out every few seconds, it is near impossible to have meaningful conversation. Thank you for any help that can be given.

Andrei

#122009 - 08/04/06 05:21 PM Re: Chat problem
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
Larry,

Yes, I'm on the board of directors but, to be clear, my responses are not "speaking for the board" although I'd say they're pretty closely aligned.

I'd imagine our President or a designate will come out with an update on chat shortly. It has been a topic at our monthly teleconferences.

Thanks!

Paul

#122010 - 08/04/06 06:14 PM Re: Chat problem
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Paul,

Oh okay, so congratulations! I'm sure you will be a great addition to the Board.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.