Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (manipulated, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#121958 - 07/15/06 02:10 AM chat room question
kuurt Offline

Loc: louisiana
im sure everyone is sick of seeing questions about the new chat room and all, but i have to ask anyway.
now that i have register4ed and everything i can sign into the room, but once i enter the room, my name doesnt appear on the list of people in the room. also, i cant say anything because even though i can type in a comment, there is no "enter" button and the enter button on my computer doesnt do anything while i am in the room. i tried firefox and explorer and neither browser helps. does anyone have any advise?
thnx.

#121959 - 07/15/06 02:47 AM Re: chat room question
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kurt,

I'm in the same boat only I can't even do what you are doing. I also have the latest versions of the suggested software. None of it works. The only thing I see in the room is that I'm there and the ability to change my font size, screen color, etc.

Come on guys, talk to us! What's up?

Lots of frustration,

John

#121960 - 07/15/06 03:54 AM Re: chat room question
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I don't know if this is the same but once it appeared I was in there I still had to hit the name of the room to get in to the chat area by hitting an area on the right. At the time there was only one so it was a little confusing at first, but now it looks as though Friends&Family and the treehouse are there too. Once I hit the choice I was truly in and could finally see other people.

Hope that helps

#121961 - 07/15/06 04:01 PM Re: chat room question
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Anyone still having trouble with the new chat?

#121962 - 07/15/06 04:14 PM Re: chat room question
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I finally was able to get in. Apparently when I registered things got screwed up with my registration on the MS side of the equation and I could only log on partially if that makes any sense at all.

And no, Curtis, Until late last night, there was no list or even a single link to any chat room on the right, nothing. I could get to the chat page, but there were no functional links of any kind except the screen control links at the top of the page which are nice, but not particularly entertaining \:\)

At any rate, if anyone is still having trouble, email the address SAR linked us to in the other thread complaining about chat. He'll get you fixed up.

Lots of love,

John

#121963 - 07/15/06 04:38 PM Re: chat room question
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

whats the link? i can get in but cant see anyone else .all i get is a line to type in but nothing else

#121964 - 07/15/06 05:19 PM Re: chat room question
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Adam,

Send an email to:

mj@mjclement.com

explaining what is happening. He should be able to get you in or at least offer some better suggestions.

Good luck,

John

#121965 - 07/15/06 07:37 PM Re: chat room question
kuurt Offline

Loc: louisiana
i am definatly still having the same problems in the chat room but i have pmed SAR ab out it...hopefully that will help. this sux though...it seems like i havent had someone to talk to in so long.

#121966 - 07/15/06 11:07 PM Re: chat room question
tallsteve Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Boston, MA
Guys,

We are deploying new software and there is typically a "shakedown period" where the bugs get worked out. That is what is going on now.

Please be patient with us. Please remember that this is being done on a very small budget and by volunteers. Please also be aware that there are a cadre of people operating behind the scenes to maintain the chat room and they are currently doing yoeman like work to make this transition.

I too have my frustrations and want it to be better. I know it will.

Thank you in advance for you patience and understanding.

Steve

#121967 - 07/15/06 11:39 PM Re: chat room question
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

hey steve!!long time no see dude!hope your doing good adam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.