Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121941 - 06/16/06 09:25 PM Tribute to Jake
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I have a folder on the net accredited to Jakes life.
For those who never met him, he died last year, on the 21st of July.

I know there was a lot of sadness in his passing, but he is not hurting now, and his wounds are healed.
I have to add that he died of natural causes.

I would like to do it in the image forum, to celebrate his passing.
He was a man of courage, who thought more about others than himself.

A greater man could never walk the Earth, and yet, he was everything we all would want to be.
He was never angry, but expected anger off another, but that was his life.

If there is negative response to this, then maybe I should not do it, but we do deserve to remember him on a sorrowful anniversary,

ste

#121942 - 06/17/06 01:33 AM Re: Tribute to Jake
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ste,

I never knew Jake, but over the last few weeks I've learned about him from someone who did. It seems that for all the hard things that happened in his life, he was a very caring individual.

Of course, I have no objection to a tribute to him, but then I'm not the one who decides these things \:\)

You might ask the moderators... I would suppose that is what this thread is, seeing as to where it's posted.

Lots of love,

John

#121943 - 06/17/06 03:42 PM Re: Tribute to Jake
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Ste,

I have just noticed this thread and will get back with you in the next day or two my friend. Jake is an amazing person and he touched my life along with many many men here. I miss him a great deal but I am happy that he is finally free of the pain. I know he looks down on me from time to time and he is always smiling. Lord knows he cares so much for all of us.

lots of love, Nathan

#121944 - 06/17/06 10:19 PM Re: Tribute to Jake
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ste,

I miss Jake very much also. He was so kind to me in chat and in PM.

He showed me the depth of kindness that a man could rediate out to others despite being so damaged by others in his young life.

Can't wait to see what u have on the net Ste.

Your friend, Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#121945 - 06/17/06 10:58 PM Re: Tribute to Jake
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I guess guys, it is more a tribute than a mourning.

He took me as a friend and he guided me, just as maybe I guided him, but sadly he was taken.

I remember 27th July last year, ir was a real bad day, but it was not for what I read, that he died on July 21st.

He was my little brother, he gave me strength, maybe I gave him some strength too.

I am glad he touched your soul, your kindless was here for every soul, from a boy who never knew the message of love.

Maybe my little brother is already in my soul!

I guess so,

ste

#121946 - 06/23/06 09:14 PM Re: Tribute to Jake
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been given permission by Jakes sister Mosh, to put a tribute to her brother Jake in image forum.

You will have to ask a mod to give you permission to enter that forum.
It will be a joyous occasion to celebrate his life, but the tribute will also contain sadness of what happened.

Do not detract from the joy, of his passing to what the past had to offer when they took our little brother away to his creator.

When you are feeling weak, he is there for you, he is a true Guardian Angel of MS.
Even for those who never met him, he is with you, so look out for him in your soul,

ste

#121947 - 06/24/06 06:56 AM Re: Tribute to Jake
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi Ste, I was just thinking of Jake, while he was alive and on the site I never talked to him, much to my regret. I so like his last message to us, there was such peace , where before there was only rage. I recently met a couple that may need the Indian way. I am going to try to contact Mosh about which tribe and medicine man did such fine work.

Take care,
Clifford

#121948 - 06/24/06 06:06 PM Re: Tribute to Jake
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
From Mosh Jake's sister,

I received a call from one of my family members that some on this site still remember my younger brother. It touched me deeply to hear that he is still remembered. Thank-you. I know he loved so many of you here and the love shared, comforted him before he passed.

I revisited a post my brother wrote before he passed. In it he said he would never give up and he would win against all the extreme abuse that
he suffered. He didn't say it exactly in those words, but it meant the same. What he worked so hard at did come true for him. He was a winner a survivor and more. In the end he found the peace he so sought and his own value as a human being.

I hope who ever reads this will remember that as painful as the past was, you can overcome and move forward. I know it is not an easy road, but my brother never stopped striving to improve his life. I know he would want that message passed along. Although my brother was very young he had wisdom beyond all his years. I think that wisdom was a gift from the creator.

My brother, you will always be my Hero. Your selflessness, your honor, Your endless courage against all odds, your loving and caring ways.
We will always love you Jake.......

Thank-you to all that touched his life and mine. Respectfully, Mosh

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.