Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63435 Topics
443442 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121935 - 06/06/06 09:37 AM Dont know what to do
poppasrose Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I need help, I dont know what to do, or how to help.. My husband is in jail, my daughter 15 accused him of rape plus other statements she made to policce and child and youth... she flashed him, grabbed his hand and put it on her breasts, between her legs and gropped him... she dont see him as a father but wants him as a boyfriend... she has snuck out to be with boys... and causing trouble.. she told my husband she would wait for him til I died then does all this other stuff..how do I handle this I feel like Im going crazy...she started this when we wouldnt let her date a 18yr old who has a history of assault on females any suggestions??? My husband lost his job and now we can'f afford an attorney some who please any suggestions...

#121936 - 06/06/06 08:07 PM Re: Dont know what to do
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Are you totally sure he never did anything?
This sounds like some weird schoolgirl fantasy, or maybe she was jealous of him and you being together.

Sounds like she did it to hurt you, not knowing how serious a charge like that is.
Is she remorseful of the outcome of him being kept in jail?

There is a load of questioning there, but this should be in F&F forum, unless you are seeking professional help, I cannot give that,

ste

#121937 - 06/07/06 12:05 AM Re: Dont know what to do
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Poppasrose,

It's so difficult to comment on the complicated situation you describe, but the key is clearly your daughter. I of course can't say whether she is or isn't telling the truth. But either way, she needs support and professional help to sort out a lot of problems. I hope you are making sure she gets that help. Eventually it ought to clarify a lot either way.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#121938 - 06/07/06 04:22 PM Re: Dont know what to do
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
She sounds like my sister. Obviously sex is overly important to her, which makes me wonder what's happened in her life. My sister went from the model student to trying to steal her best friend's husband who was probably 20 years older than her at the time. She'd expose herself, sitting wide-legged as men approached her. Honestly, I don't know what happened to her. I know I was sexually abused in the family, so I assume she must have been, too. And maybe she had the same feelings, that sex was the only way to receive love and affection.

She needs help. Therapy. I would also spend a lot of time asking her questions, trying to see if she was ever abused without planting ideas in her mind. The sooner she is able to confront the monsters in her closet, the sooner she may free herself from self-destructive behaviors.

As a side note that nobody wants to talk about, I would never allow my hand to be placed anywhere on my daughter, even if it meant breaking it off at the elbow. I wonder if it would help the whole family to talk to a therapist. Secrets kill families. Truth saves us.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#121939 - 06/08/06 06:00 AM Re: Dont know what to do
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
poppasrose,

I would encourage you to contact the people at Stop It Now!:

Quote:
Stop It Now! Helpline is a toll-free number for adults who are at risk for sexually abusing a child, for friends and family members of sexual abusers and/or victims, and for parents of children with sexual behavior problems. This helpline service is confidential, available Monday through Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (EST) at 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368).
You can read more about them here:
http://www.stopitnow.com/help.html

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.