Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448046 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121922 - 04/05/06 03:08 PM A "Good News" board perhaps?
Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I posted on the male survivors public board about some breakthroughs I have had recently. A fellow survivor shared in my happiness and made a comment that stood out. They said that it was great to finally read about some positive outcomes and growth in a survivors’ life.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who posts good news amongst the usual stuff that we deal with but unless you read all the details in numerous posts, you may miss reading about all the good things.

My suggestion is a new board called “Good News” or something like that. People can post specifically on this board good things that have happened to them. That way, for all of us, when we need to hear some good stuff or we need an emotional pick up, we can head straight to that board and know it should be pretty safe to read those posts and therefore avoid wading through other posts trying to find the good bits.

I’d suggest it could be on the Public side, but perhaps also a version on the Members side also.

#121923 - 04/05/06 06:28 PM Re: A "Good News" board perhaps?
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I think it's a great idea. Good news is spread around the boards, but I agree that it can be easily missed.

Very cool idea! :p

ROCK ON........Trish

#121924 - 06/07/06 09:19 PM Re: A "Good News" board perhaps?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Grunty,

as I understand it, forums cost money so they have to be paid for.
It is with regret that guys dont respond sometimes to good things that happen.

Sometimes I can reply to loads of posts and sometimes I cant type thru typos.
I look at threads of the past and think, how did I miss that topic!

I guess it is that membership growing so much, it is hard to keep up with everything that is going on in here, so dont take it as a bad thing.

ste, who can never keep up on following posts, even though he means to.

#121925 - 06/07/06 11:30 PM Re: A "Good News" board perhaps?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Grunty,

That sounds like a good idea. It would be helpful to guys who are hurting or vulnerable and just can't take a lot of extra drama at the moment. If we had such a board they could come and participate and still feel safe.

For the members as a whole it would also serve as a kind of register of survivor victories. That would be very encouraging.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#121926 - 06/08/06 05:53 AM Re: A "Good News" board perhaps?
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, there is a site development team which has been working for some time on ways to redo much of malesurvivor.org-- this will include the discussion board and chat. I imagine that unless it's urgent, any smaller changes to these parts of the site will not take place between now and the time that the new site goes up-- but any input from you guys is welcome, and I do expect that the redesigned discussion board will be organized a little differently.

The Health and Wellbeing forum was originally intended to be something of a Good News forum in that it was meant to be a forum that focused on positive and beneficial ways of surviving from day to day, and on healing methods and coping skills. We had received requests for several types of "postive" focused forums (hobbies, good news, fitness, wellness/positive thinking) and tried to create one that was a bit open-ended in how it defined healthy living, and see what people did with it. For the most part it seems the discussions there have focused on physical health and medicine, but most of the talk seems "safe" and I think there is still room for a broader interpretation of wellbeing there.

Please feel free to share any feedback or thoughts on this, in public or private, anytime.

Thanks
SAR

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.