Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (Cthulhu), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121912 - 01/27/06 05:57 PM Images
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are people not members allowed to get into 'Images' forum?

#121913 - 01/28/06 12:50 AM Re: Images
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi VN,

The Images forum is located in the Member Forums, so if you don't have access to those forums, you will not have access to Images.

This was done in the fall for a number of reasons. You can PM me if you'd like more information.

SAR

#121914 - 01/28/06 01:23 AM Re: Images
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
But SAR,

Check in the images forum. Someone who joined today has made a post there. They are not a member.

DOnald

#121915 - 01/28/06 02:50 AM Re: Images
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Donald,

I did see that thread, after I posted here. I believe that thread originated in a public forum and was moved to Images. The original poster does not have access to the Image forum (and no longer has access to the thread, either, so if you responded to him, you may want to send it via PM).

#121916 - 01/28/06 04:49 PM Re: Images
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Aha. I was wondering what was going on, as I thought images could only be posted in the Images forum on the other side.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#121917 - 01/28/06 07:05 PM Re: Images
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Everyone,

The thread has been taken care of. Please always feel free to send a mod alert when somethings triggers or bothers you. Thank you to all that have sent in mod alerts on this topic.

Nathan

#121918 - 01/28/06 07:31 PM Re: Images
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I think we have to be alert on the intentions of the originator of this post.

We know from the past that either he just made a huge mistake, or there was an intention.

I hope it is not the latter, but we need to all be vigilant again, :rolleyes:

ste

#121919 - 01/28/06 09:37 PM Re: Images
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Sorry guys, this was my screw-up. I meant to move the thread from the Public Forum to Books, Music & Film but unfortunately my cursor continued to scroll the forum options & landed on Images. I was in a hurry and headed out the door and didn't notice the mistake. I will try to be more careful in the future. Peace, Andrew

#121920 - 01/28/06 10:39 PM Re: Images
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Andrew,

it takes a lot to acknowledge mistakes in life, but we know how easy these topics can go wild in this place.

One of the reasons I left the site for so long was because I felt abused in forums and chat, so needed to break away from posting or going to chat.

I try and learn by the thousands of mistakes I made in the past but it seems strange that some abusive posters have got so far without mods seeing the damage and limiting it, before it goes out of control.

I dont think that it would be impossible for Nathan to find a way to null a post until further investigation when the post goes out of control.

The boards are up 24/7 but we are all on different time lines, we all have our own commitments, but through no fault of my own, I have to be at home almost all of the day and night due to looking after my mother.

Would it be beyond policy to ask for volunteer delegate members who were prepared to be able and have the ability to lock these offending posts?

I do not know the answer to that, nor whether it is possible.

I reckon the software gives all or no access to whomsoever is given the tools that mods have, but a disclaimer could be electronically "signed", to use only the tool that is alloted to the said member/s.

We can all remember the situation of 2003 christmas was wrecked by rogue posts, other great posters either stay away or stop posting public.

Believe me we lost some of the best guys here, and right now we have some great new guys who have not witnessed how these posts can just smack recovery in the face with a bat.

The only reason I stay, is when the place is safe, and yes I do break the rules, not because I want to but for my own safety.

I would never do anything underhand, but I always need to have contact outside of this place with those I trust, for the following reason.

I remember when the server went down frequently, I thought wrongly that I had been banned off the site, so my mind says, what did I say to be just banned!

If I get a PM off anybody, I think!
Automatically I think that the PM is going to tell me off for something.

The bottom line is, we cannot allow new posters to trigger members here, it needs speedy recognition to fix the problem.

We all know that a perp can become a member pretty easy, post something at just the right time and cause havoc in this place.

So when the mods are at work or asleep or just getting on with their own lives a pin has been pulled out of the grenade in here.

I know it is not easy to moderate a forum like this, but in order to grow and be great, we need to have safeguards for all.

I apologise for the long post but it took me ages to keep backtyping errors in hitting wrong keys,

ste

#121921 - 01/29/06 03:16 AM Re: Images
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Exactly. The boards are up 24/7 and the volunteers have their own lives and demanding personal schedules. But we keep on trying and I feel good that 99.9% of posters are legitimate and caring survivors. Peace, Andrew

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.