Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1946, CafeMan, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62555 Topics
438324 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121872 - 08/25/05 09:13 PM Where can I find more posts about Jake?
Mystic Rhythm Offline

Loc: Limbo, clawing my way out...
Hey guys.

Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction? Although the only post I got to read was Jake's post through his friend via phone before he past away, I was wondering if there was some sort of "library" or archive, for lack of better terms, to read up more on his views and his life?

I'm new here, but I figured I could pay hommage in my own way by reading up on his posts.

#121873 - 08/25/05 10:26 PM Re: Where can I find more posts about Jake?
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Jake was a good kid. It is THE saddest story I have ever heard in my life. He stood as a testiment to a mother's inhumanity to her son, and yet he became a better person and strove to have a better life. What Jake went through made my life look like a walk in the park. But in chat he encouraged me.

The easiest way to find any member is to click "Directory" just under the "New Topic" and "Post Reply" buttons at the top of this page. Then search for Jake. You can read his story here .

However, don't let yourself compare your life to anyone else's. One act of SA is too many. Jake told me that, too.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#121874 - 08/25/05 10:30 PM Re: Where can I find more posts about Jake?
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Mystic Rhythm,

First of all, welcome. \:\)

You can set the topic view in your profile to show topics from just the last day all the way to "all topics"-- I think default is 20 days. Once you do this you will see a lot more old posts.

If you want to read a specific user's posts, you can click the profile icon (the first one on the left of any post by that user) and from there, you can select "view recent posts." You will be able to read all posts which are in forums that you have access to-- meaning, if you are a guest here and you view the posts of a MaleSurvivor member, the posts in member forums will not show up.

#121875 - 08/26/05 10:16 AM Re: Where can I find more posts about Jake?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
MR, you may not find Jakes poems, he did one and deleted it.
I have the poem but cannot disclose it to anybody, because I promised not to.
You are welcome to PM me about him, but I cannot disclose his poem to you, or anybody.

ste

#121876 - 08/26/05 02:18 PM Re: Where can I find more posts about Jake?
Mystic Rhythm Offline

Loc: Limbo, clawing my way out...
Thanks for the info everyone.

I'm cool with certain areas people may find too personal to disclose. All I wanted was a better sense of who he was and what he was like to better relate to discussions about him.

Like I said before, I read his last one before he passed away and simply wanted to learn more about him.

MR

#121877 - 08/26/05 05:48 PM Re: Where can I find more posts about Jake?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
You will find that Jake posted most of his stuff in the members only forum, so you will not have access to a lot of it,

ste

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.