Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121831 - 05/26/05 05:05 AM Could we have more forums in the Members area?
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Right now, there are really only 4 forums in the Members area open to general members:

1. Male Survivors
2. Ask The Board
3. My Story
4. General Discussion

The others, "At Risk Survivors" and "Friends & Family", are by request only, with the later being off limits to Male Survivors. What I would like to see is some more forums developed for the membership paying members. In particular, I would like to see an "Inner Child" forum where we could discuss Inner Child work and issues, books on it, etc. I'm just now beginning to move into this area of recovery, but I'm really excited about it. I can really see a forum like this that's devoted to it being beneficial. Right now, it seems like we just lump everything into the Male Survivors forum on the members side. For new members, I think it would be beneficial to have some kind of reasoned order to all this.

Other forums that I think would be good for the members side are Poetry, as well Spirituality.

Is there a possibility we could get any of these up and running?

#121832 - 05/28/05 05:05 AM Re: Could we have more forums in the Members area?
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
bump

#121833 - 05/28/05 04:46 PM Re: Could we have more forums in the Members area?
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi EGL,

The Moderating team has been discussing a few ideas for new forums recently. All the threads and posts in this forum have been mentioned as part of that discussion.

Mostly, our discussions have focused on how we can create a forum to emphasize the "positives" in recovery-- goals, achievements, methods of healing and wellness that have been sucessful.

Nothing is final at this point and I'm just sharing this with everyone to let you know that we are thinking about suggestions and concerns like yours and to give you a sense of what we're doing.

SAR

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.