Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
8 registered (gettingstronger, JayBro, On The Fringe, 4 invisible), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#121800 - 03/22/05 11:04 PM Young Survivors Forum?
Charlie Offline
MaleSurvivor

#121801 - 03/23/05 04:44 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I think that is a great idea. There would need to be discussion on the subject and some details to work out before this happens, but I agree with you, and we should at least open the idea up for discussion.

Iím glad you spoke up Charlie.

Something that would concern me is the ability to verify the age of members who request access in order to keep the area safe from older imposters with not so innocent intentions.

And how much work would be added to discussion board admin?

Nathan & Lloydy, your thoughts?

#121802 - 04/10/05 08:44 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Roland, Charlie

My feelings are that this is a great idea. I have no issues adding this to the forum list. I will talk it over with the rest of the admin team and we will see where it takes us. I am still on vaction in CanCun so it might take me a couple of days to get back with you Charlie in this post. If you do not hear from me by Friday please pm me.

Nathan

#121803 - 04/10/05 08:53 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
then what the heck are you doing in here... get back to your vacation!!

#121804 - 04/10/05 09:19 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
This has been talked about once before. At the time the "powers to be" felt it would be to hard to keep something like this safe and the libality to MS was to great.

James

#121805 - 04/11/05 10:42 AM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Don't know about the issues, but I am sure there are many. I suppose, if it encouraged young ones who are lurking to join, then it would be a good thing.

Other places that have a treehouse, I find nobody ever uses, so I don't know.

Nathan, glad you took time off to validate my membership, have a nice vac,

ste

#121806 - 04/16/05 04:46 AM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Charlie,

I want to let you and everyone else who is following this thread what is going on. The Mod team is reviewing and researching this issue. This is a idea that needs to be carefully reviewed and researched before we can move on it. I want to give you my word that we will keep working on this idea.

Nathan

#121807 - 05/14/05 09:00 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel a young surviros group is good. I agree about some way for age approiate security for posting is a good idea, but not for access to the forum. Not sure if it was going that way, but just thought I would give my 2 cents.

Speaking for myself I have learned a lot about myslef from the missed childhood I had because of the CSA. When I have read the various postings from the young survivors their words have sparked memories that I take to my T to work on..

The young survivors have an important role in the healing from the not young survivors. I guess what I am saying we could learn from each other. My thought is if it is possible to give everyone access for read only purposes and give the young survivors give write access so they can post. I would not be interested in posting in this forum, but I would like to read the posts so the younger Jim inside of me is not left out and finds some healing also. There is big empty void in my childhood and learning from the young survivors will give Jim a well balanced healing.

Just thoughts. Thanks for your time.

-Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#121808 - 05/15/05 02:13 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri

"Reality is just an illusion."

#121809 - 05/15/05 07:49 PM Re: Young Survivors Forum?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

What age we are talking of? And I think if there is to be a young forum, it should be like the 'At Risk' one, when you have to contact a moderator to get access. Otherwise, I can see not nice people coming here and going straight to that one.

andrei

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.