Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (kcinohio, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63779 Topics
445398 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121797 - 02/24/05 08:06 AM IP check in chat room?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

There was thread started in Unmoderated forum after the IP check have been taken away from members in chat room. Since that happen, it would seem that again, someone who is pretending to be one or two other new people at this site, was banned because of members who check IP addresses and compare them to people who are known as fake people, or people who have been here as more then one person before. The IP check is not returned in chat room yet. Will this happen? Even though the one person who complain of it being used against him is the one who was here again as multiple people, again to try to manipulate members here? Have there been more people who complain of it, or is it only that one person, who is proved then to be liar?

Andrei

#121798 - 02/25/05 05:17 AM Re: IP check in chat room?
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
Andrei

Thanks for the question. My answer at this time is that the mods have developed better ways to check IP's and we depend on all of you to let us know when you have a concern. Rather than create paranoia by sharing suspicions with others in chat, I think you should let us check them out and take appropriate actions. That is our job. That is why we turned off IP look up for users.

So, please, if you have a concern, bring it to us.

#121799 - 02/25/05 09:00 AM Re: IP check in chat room?
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you for response Thad, and for helping to try to keep it safe here.

Andrei

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.