Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121778 - 12/17/04 01:08 AM Vietnam old news
lostsoul Offline

Loc: new york
I was stationed in vietnam in1972-73, I was with the Air Force. Idrove truck on a route referedto as suicide alley. One night in Siaagon at a bar I was aproached by four soldier I believe Marines. They talked me into going with them to party. (smokiking a joint) I was halve in the bag as it was., I went along. We went to a run down area were they beat me and sexualy assulted me all four of them. I wont go int to details, I never spoke of this till rececently it along with other problems from Nam have total ditroyed my life. Im 54years old and still fighting the demonds. I am seeking therapy wich in my opinion has done litle, yet I still try. Ive put my wife of 34 years thru hell and yet she is still her for me. I wish I knew how to stop this night mare.

#121779 - 12/17/04 01:37 AM Re: Vietnam old news
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hey lost soul. You are not lost any more. You have found us. What happened to you in addition to what went on in Nam was the worst possible thing that could happen to you. The thing is you are never alone again.

Thank you for sharing that horrible SA with us. You have trusted us and we will honour that trust. Trust is so important with us all here.

Welcome

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#121780 - 12/19/04 03:06 AM Re: Vietnam old news
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Lostsoul,

welcome to here. I am so very sorry of what happened to you. I can only imagine on what that has done to your life, and again, I am most sorry.

Please know that you have found a good place to come to, to talk about what happened, and how it affects you still. It is amazing what affects, physical and mental, such things have on us, and how long lasting they are. You have found a site of support and understanding.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#121781 - 01/08/05 12:13 PM Re: Vietnam old news
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to you. I can't imagine a crime more despictable...what shits they were, and if they're still living, I can't imagine the hell that they've made for themselves. Where could they go and tell their story and get anything but contempt. They've got to carry their miserable, unforgiveable behavior for the rest of their lives.
Can I dare to say that coming here is a real beginning? If you don't have a therapist, can we be of help in finding one? The pain can lessen. No, it didn't happen to me and I'll never know how you felt, feel. But we're here to listen and care and help you with the burden until it becomes lighter and bearable.
LS, let us in, let us be here for you. What happened to you does not make you any less of a man than you were before. Those bully boy shits will never have a lessened load. Can we help carry yours? Can we say that we'll be here night or day to listen, to try to understand your pain? We're a pretty good group of guys and we try real hard to understand where each of us is with our pain.
Can I tell you that I think that you're one brave guy to tell us of your abuse? Your words are sacred, you know that? We will treat what you have said as just that, sacred words from our new brother.

Peace LS,

David

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.